How do I replace existing images?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
doorknob22
Regular

How do I replace existing images?

#1 Post by doorknob22 »

I feel really stupid for asking this but here goes: I added an image named "image a" and compiled the game. Later I wasn't happy with the quality of the image and replaced a new image named "image a" so I won't have to manually replace the references in the code. However, no matter what I did, the old image is the one shown in the game. I guess I can rename the newer images and replace their names in the code but if feels really inefficient.

Here is what I tried so far:
1. Force Recomplie
2. Delete Persistent data
3. Change/Update Gui

In the game/images folder I only see the new images, but when I run the game I see the original images. Any ideas?

IrinaLazareva
Veteran
Projects: Legacy
Organization: SunShI

Re: How do I replace existing images?

#2 Post by IrinaLazareva »

doorknob22 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:54 am I added an image named "image a" and compiled the game.
Images may have been archived. Check the files with .rpa extension in a game folder. If there are any, remove them.