Horror/atmospheric music composer (40$/track)

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
_Navypink
Tumblr: navypinkdev
itch: navypink

Horror/atmospheric music composer (40$/track)

#1 Post by _Navypink »

Hi! I'm a solo game developer whose experience with music began with making the soundtrack to my current visual novel project, "Absolution: Way of the lost". I specialize in the horror/thriller genre, but I'm open to all kinds of games. Here's a short demo of some of my songs:
https://youtu.be/gTDcYCDgcfQ
If you want to listen some more, here's my previous demo with different tracks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33euu1-a7qE
Something that I pay a lot of attention to is the meaning behind the music - I utilize leitmotifs frequently to not only connect the soundtrack into one coherent piece but also so the music can tell its own story that expands on or foreshadows events.I'm also a big fan of historical music so if you want the soundtrack to draw some inspirations from that, I'd love to compose it.

Pricing
The base price per track is 40$. Keep in mind that:
  • the more tracks you commission, the lower the price per track becomes,
  • I would love to do a whole soundtrack so I’ll definitely give a larger discount if I’m given a chance to do it,
  • if the song you want is very simple/short, I’ll lower the price,
  • if the song is very long, the price will be higher,
  • if you want the song synced to something (like an animated cutscene, a credits sequence, etc) - it will cost more,
Generally though expect the prices to be somewhere between 25-50$ per track.

Contact
The best place to contact me would be Discord, Navypink#6314. If you're hesitant about whether or not I'm right for your project, I can provide more examples of my work or give you a detailed price there. If you decide to hire me, I'll make sure to contact you with WIPs to ensure you get exactly what you wanted.

I look forward to working with you!
~ Navypink
Last edited by _Navypink on Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DJMoghBrighde

Re: Horror/atmospheric music composer (50$/track)

#2 Post by DJMoghBrighde »

Since I don't specialize in atmospheric horror music, I ended up deciding to outsource those tracks on my project's soundtrack — and I must say, I'm happy that I ended up choosing Navypink to work on them. They were able to take inspiration from the scenes the tracks would play over and develop an atmosphere that adequately got across the proper levels of anxiety (both intense and less intense) appropriate for the scenes. In the end, I'm happy with having hired them, and wanted to make this post as another thank you for providing much appreciated assistance for my project.

GammaBreak
Regular

Re: Horror/atmospheric music composer (50$/track)

#3 Post by GammaBreak »

_Navypink was very prompt and hardworking! Lots of tweaks/adjustments to the created tracks, very open to feedback, and completed and delivered everything in a very timely manner. Would recommend if you're looking for ambient tracks.

_Navypink
Tumblr: navypinkdev
itch: navypink

Re: Horror/atmospheric music composer (40$/track)

#4 Post by _Navypink »

UPDATE: I adjusted the pricing. The base price per track is now 40$.