Ren'Py games wont open

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
PyroEngi_ 3

Ren'Py games wont open

#1 Post by PyroEngi_ 3 »

Every time that I try to open Ren'Py games nothing happens. I even ran it as an administrator but the same thing. I am using a windows 10, if anyone wondering

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Ren'Py games wont open

#2 Post by gas »

Try launch it and keep pressing SHIFT+G to change the graphical driver.
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll not be notified about. << now red so probably you'll see it.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN

PyroEngi_ 3

#3 Post by PyroEngi_ 3 »

gas wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:27 am Try launch it and keep pressing SHIFT+G to change the graphical driver.
That didn't work

hell_oh_world
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by hell_oh_world »

Are you talking about built games? Games that are not launched through the renpy launcher? Or renpy project games that you're working on?
Either way, you can probably track the issue by opening the project/game's folder after trying to launch then finding the log.txt, and see what really happened. And before you actually read through the log file, be sure that its the right log. Once you tried to launch the game, renpy will log the process so the old log file will be replaced with the new log file dated to the time you've opened it. if that happened then the game is really trying to launch. so be sure to check the date and time of the log file.
2020-12-04 05_59_13-Window.png
2020-12-04 05_59_13-Window.png (3.92 KiB) Viewed 689 times
Attachments
2020-12-04 05_58_10-Window.png
2020-12-04 05_58_10-Window.png (1.93 KiB) Viewed 689 times

PyroEngi_ 3

#5 Post by PyroEngi_ 3 »

hell_oh_world wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:55 pm Are you talking about built games? Games that are not launched through the renpy launcher? Or renpy project games that you're working on?
Either way, you can probably track the issue by opening the project/game's folder after trying to launch then finding the log.txt, and see what really happened. And before you actually read through the log file, be sure that its the right log. Once you tried to launch the game, renpy will log the process so the old log file will be replaced with the new log file dated to the time you've opened it. if that happened then the game is really trying to launch. so be sure to check the date and time of the log file.
2020-12-04 05_59_13-Window.png
I couldn't find the log.txt file, and I am trying to play already built games. All you need to open a renpy game is the executable file, right?

hell_oh_world
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by hell_oh_world »

There's always a log file whether the game is built or a renpy project.
All you need to open a renpy game is the executable file, right?
not exactly, a built renpy game still needs the base modules/libraries, etc. of renpy in order to work, so aside from an executable, it should also have other folders and files as well, where these things are contained.
2020_12_05_09_23_35.png

PyroEngi_ 3

#7 Post by PyroEngi_ 3 »

hell_oh_world wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:28 pm There's always a log file whether the game is built or a renpy project.
All you need to open a renpy game is the executable file, right?
not exactly, a built renpy game still needs the base modules/libraries, etc. of renpy in order to work, so aside from an executable, it should also have other folders and files as well, where these things are contained.
2020_12_05_09_23_35.png
I can't seem to find log.txt. Also what I meant about all I need to the executable is that do I need any other programs to open a ren'py game? Or can I open it right out of the box?