Ex Astris 09 - Final [GxB][Kinetic][Sci-fi][Free]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Cera L. Hendry
Regular
Completed: Ex Astris 1-9 & Rules They Abide By
Deviantart: cera-l-hendry

Ex Astris 09 - Final [GxB][Kinetic][Sci-fi][Free]

#1 Post by Cera L. Hendry »

Ex Astris
Chapter 09 - Final

Creator Update:

The last chapter is well on it's way and I couldn't be happier with finally getting it to this point! (I still have all the back-breaking coding and new sprites ahead of me though!) All cutscenes have been completed but out of all 10 of them, most are huge spoilers so I had to choose two of the least-spoilery, and crop some of the sketches for the post.

This final chapter is a double-length one, so I hope I've been able to wrap everything up effectively enough, and I took a bit of a risk on the ending. (I was agonising over 3 possible, fully written endings for a month, I even resorted to having to ask a few long-time followers for help with what they thought sounded best!) This makes me wonder though, as all endings had good merit, if I could somehow work this into a branching VN once I compile it all together.

Previous chapter downloads:
http://www.cerastudios.com/project/ex-astris/

SYNOPSIS
Set in a ‘near-future’ on a fictional world, Ex Astris follows the story of Lanis Rosenberg, a newly graduated doctor working in the Loennian military. Doubtful of her abilities to cope in the army and lost with her direction in life, Lanis’ world is suddenly turned upside-down when she is transferred to the secretive, militaristic nation of Xian. There, she is assigned to a subject named A-28 'Ash'. An emotionless, unstable, biologically engineered soldier and her opposite in every way…

TERRA'S spy is found and used to launch a diversion whilst Grey's plans for hijacking one of Xian's spires finally moves ahead. Left with little time to process the risks to herself, and despite Ash's turnabout warnings that their actions may bring far worse consequences in the long run, Lanis fully commits herself to the dangerous plan in order to help save the people of Xian.

Release date: February 2021
Format: Episodic / Kinetic Visual Novel
Engine: RenPy
Genre: Light Sci-Fi / Drama / GxB / Supernatural
Platform: PC/Mac/Linux
Chapter Duration: Short
Attachments
Base Sketches.jpg
Last edited by Cera L. Hendry on Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

Re: Ex Astris 09 - Final [GxB][Kinetic][Sci-fi][Free]

#2 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Mobile port sounds great! I've been reading a lot of VNs in google play store now, even when I compare to the PC counterpart, it has better traffic and engagement.
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Cera L. Hendry
Regular

#3 Post by Cera L. Hendry »

tiya_nofurita wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:32 am Mobile port sounds great! I've been reading a lot of VNs in google play store now, even when I compare to the PC counterpart, it has better traffic and engagement.
Yes it definitely seems the way to go! I may need to change the aspect ratio on all the art for widescreen viewing etc. Gives me an excuse to polish stuff more too. ^^

Amberbaum
Regular

#4 Post by Amberbaum »

I can't wait for it to be released. EX is a hidden gem and I'm lad that I found it years ago.

With definitive edition, do you mean something like a remaster? Is it mobile only or do we get it for PC too?

Cera L. Hendry
Regular

#5 Post by Cera L. Hendry »

Amberbaum wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:05 pm With definitive edition, do you mean something like a remaster? Is it mobile only or do we get it for PC too?
Basically, update the art a bit (I can do a lot better now than what's here, but over 9yrs I've stuck with the style so that it's all still uniform!) and clean up some of the script etc, branch the ending maybe (I always had 3 versions I was playing with) and put it all into one file instead of individual chapters like it is. I plan to push it hard across as many formats as I can then. Desktop and mobile devices, Switch would be awesome too if I can... :3

Amberbaum
Regular

#6 Post by Amberbaum »

Cera L. Hendry wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:34 pm
Amberbaum wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:05 pm With definitive edition, do you mean something like a remaster? Is it mobile only or do we get it for PC too?
Basically, update the art a bit (I can do a lot better now than what's here, but over 9yrs I've stuck with the style so that it's all still uniform!) and clean up some of the script etc, branch the ending maybe (I always had 3 versions I was playing with) and put it all into one file instead of individual chapters like it is. I plan to push it hard across as many formats as I can then. Desktop and mobile devices, Switch would be awesome too if I can... :3
That sounds really awesome! This story deserves the remaster treatment.