Cosmic Girlfriend - Meme Visual Novel

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Potato Cat Games

Cosmic Girlfriend - Meme Visual Novel

#1 Post by Potato Cat Games »

A romantic comedy adult Visual Novel about personified planet meme girls from space.
Cosmic Girlfriend is a romantic comedy Visual Novel where you can court anthropomorphic planets or space objects that resemble human females. The story follows you, a normal human being from earth, that has randomly woken up on an unknown planet. Little did you know that you were the only normal person around town. You soon learn and meet new girls, and find out that when you die, you turn into a cosmic object depending on how you rank when you graduate an academy of celestial beings! So if you fail, you can turn into space trash!
  • Different Personality Story Choices
  • Multiple Endings ("Good" and "bad", depicted by your choices.)
  • 8+ Illustrated Scenes
  • OST's
  • Partial Voice Acting
  • 18+ Patch (Only for adults.)
Gaea, A.K.A Earth-Chan
Gaea, goddess of nature, and a student at space school. A savage person at best, always having something to say about how you look or why you're not good enough to live on her.
Selene, A.K.A Moon-Chan
Selene, goddess of the moon, and a student at space school. This happy-go-lucky girl loves to be around Earth, never leaving her side. She's very soft-spoken, but if you ever hurt Earth-Chan, let's just say you better run.
Alectrona, A.K.A Sun-Sei
Alectrona, goddess of the sun, and a part-time teacher at space school. Always shining light on the situation, nothing can ever bring her down, but that's mostly because nothing can literally get close to her or they'll burn to death. So literally, "killing with kindness".
Nyx, A.K.A Black Hole-Sama
Nyx, goddess of darkness. This planet eater chick can never get enough out of her meals! Her main goal is to consume the entire Milkyway Galaxy, but Earth-Chan won't allow it! So for now, she's disguising herself as a harmless teacher at space school!
Last edited by Potato Cat Games on Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crazy Cactus
Regular

Re: Cosmic Girlfriend - Meme Visual Novel - Kickstarter Launched!

#2 Post by Crazy Cactus »

I'm guessing you don't have a link to your Kickstarter... because you don't have a demo??

Upon checking - you don't have a demo. It would've been really benefitted your campaign to have that.

Also, there's a lot of reasonably priced people here who could whip up a much better trailer for you, even if you only have limited assets.

Speaking of assets, what you do have is high quality - the BGs, sprites, color palettes, banner styles, logo, etc... All are nicely done.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran
Projects: Supersize My Heart!
Deviantart: JeremyRawn

#3 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Heya!

I don't usually post on games like this, since it isn't really our style, but I just want to mention a couple things.

1) Your graphical fidelity is great! So, great job on that! And even though I agree with Cactus about your demo, the voice artist did a great job selling it.

2) You might want to look into tweaking your reward structure. There's all kinds of generous people on the internet that will fund projects like ours, but I'm not sure there's enough of a sell on the higher price points. Maybe think of some personalized rewards for those higher price investors? If someone's going to invest more than $150 that's usually what they're looking for.

Anyway, best of luck!
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.

Potato Cat Games

#4 Post by Potato Cat Games »

Crazy Cactus wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:55 am I'm guessing you don't have a link to your Kickstarter... because you don't have a demo??

Upon checking - you don't have a demo. It would've been really benefitted your campaign to have that.

Also, there's a lot of reasonably priced people here who could whip up a much better trailer for you, even if you only have limited assets.

Speaking of assets, what you do have is high quality - the BGs, sprites, color palettes, banner styles, logo, etc... All are nicely done.
Thank you for the pointers! You guys are absolutely right! I might actually plan on cancelling this campaign and taking some time to tweak those things and improve it as a whole. Thank you so much for the advice!

Potato Cat Games

#5 Post by Potato Cat Games »

SupersizeMyHeart wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:38 am Heya!

I don't usually post on games like this, since it isn't really our style, but I just want to mention a couple things.

1) Your graphical fidelity is great! So, great job on that! And even though I agree with Cactus about your demo, the voice artist did a great job selling it.

2) You might want to look into tweaking your reward structure. There's all kinds of generous people on the internet that will fund projects like ours, but I'm not sure there's enough of a sell on the higher price points. Maybe think of some personalized rewards for those higher price investors? If someone's going to invest more than $150 that's usually what they're looking for.

Anyway, best of luck!
Thank you for the pointers! You guys are absolutely right! I might actually plan on cancelling this campaign and taking some time to tweak those things and improve it as a whole. Thank you so much for the advice!

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: Cosmic Girlfriend - Meme Visual Novel

#6 Post by Imperf3kt »

Since you say its a meme based game, I now fully expect there to be at least one "Earth is not flat" joke.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter