Roadwarden [Fantasy/RPG Elements/Pixel Art] [RELEASED]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Aureus
Veteran
Completed: The Tavern, Tales From Windy Meadow
Projects: Roadwarden
Organization: Moral Anxiety Studio
itch: moral-anxiety

Re: Roadwarden [Fantasy/RPG Elements/Pixel Art] [DEMO]

#76 Post by Aureus »

I’m glad I took some time to return to the very beginning of Roadwarden. So many changes throughout the entire prologue section, but I still like the first paragraph.
1screenshot0001old.png
2screenshot0001new.png
Tales From Windy Meadow - slice of life, pixel art Visual Novel set in a fantasy village. now available on Steam.

Aureus
Veteran

#77 Post by Aureus »

Hi there! I have a whole bunch of screenshots to show, they would turn this thread into a scrollfest... Please take a look at them here!
Tales From Windy Meadow - slice of life, pixel art Visual Novel set in a fantasy village. now available on Steam.

Aureus
Veteran

#78 Post by Aureus »

Aureus
Veteran

#79 Post by Aureus »

Quite happy with the current style of Roadwarden’s icons. : )

A fistful of icons - 6 of the newer items and a reminder how does the inventory look like in the game. : )
00.png
00.png (3.38 KiB) Viewed 4147 times
01.png
02.png

Aureus
Veteran

#80 Post by Aureus »

Gale Rocks is a home to a stubborn, patient community. The settlers, unable to live off the rocky land and its fruitless forest, turned their eyes toward the sea, and to this day trade salt and fish for vegetables, iron, and clothes. Over the course of the centuries and through many sacrifices, they left the safe caverns, raised the walls, and expanded their village, bit by bit.

In sunny days, most of them form crews of boatmen and hunt for sea fish in the shallow waters, while a smaller group cuts down trees, prepares lumber, and oversees the production of barrels. When the weather gets capricious, they split the firewood and burn it under the large pans, boiling the brine until it turns into salt.

In the meantime, the wounded, elders, and children take care of the chores, cook, and prepare the latest catch to be either smoked, or salted and stored in the barrels. The hands of the villagers are scared by the years spent with knives, and by the salt getting even into the tiniest of wounds.

It’s a harsh, but slow life. Predictable, yet peaceful.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran
Projects: Supersize My Heart!
Deviantart: JeremyRawn

#81 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Game looks better and better by the day! Thanks for the updates
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.

Aureus
Veteran

#82 Post by Aureus »

And thank you as well! : )

Aureus
Veteran

#83 Post by Aureus »

An updated title screen. : )
titlescreenold.png
titlescreenznew.png

Aureus
Veteran

#84 Post by Aureus »

Old vs. new!
I really struggled with this one in 2019. So many attempts at designing the road, the water (which is super hard with a brown palette!), at adapting the creative-commons tree...
I knew Nothing about drawing, and after all this time... This area in not even in the game anymore! Instead, its spiritual descendant plays a much more notable part, and in a different section of the realm. : )

Aureus
Veteran

#85 Post by Aureus »

When you ignore all the marauding beasts, ruins, dark bogs, and treacherous power-hungry leaders, #Roadwarden is actually cottagecore.
(don't ignore them, though, they're cool)

I’m preparing the next version of the demo. Not only I second-draft all the oldest areas, I also introduce new systems for the player to use them to their advantage, as well as new interactions, choices, obstacles, and visuals. It’s insane how much this game grows, and I’ll share more news very soon.

Aureus
Veteran

#86 Post by Aureus »

The huge demo update is on its way, with new mechanics, updated dialogues, redrawn illustrations, better UI... The game is now slightly more complex, and I think it gets better at building the experience of being a traveler in a hostile realm.

Here are some examples!
screenshot01.png
screenshot02.png
screenshot03.png
screenshot04.png
screenshot05.png
screenshot06.png
screenshot07.png
screenshot08.png

Aureus
Veteran

#87 Post by Aureus »

The game has changed a lot over the course of a year and a half. Read more about the recent changes, updates, and the new demo in today’s devlog.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#88 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Hey, Aureus! I've always been a fan of this game and its whole style. Has this hit Steam yet? Would love to play it, totally my style
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.

Aureus
Veteran

#89 Post by Aureus »

SupersizeMyHeart wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:01 am Has this hit Steam yet? Would love to play it, totally my style
Hi there, MyHeart! I apologize for the late response, the notifications sometimes come to my inbox, sometimes they don't. : )

And actually, it seems like there's a good chance the game will be ready this September! It's still in the works and my publisher tries to figure out the best launch date, but I'm really close to having the finished game!
Attachments
screenshot8.png
screenshot7.png
screenshot6.png
screenshot5.png
screenshot4.png
screenshot3.png
screenshot2.png
screenshot1.png

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran

#90 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Aureus wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:31 am
SupersizeMyHeart wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:01 am Has this hit Steam yet? Would love to play it, totally my style
Hi there, MyHeart! I apologize for the late response, the notifications sometimes come to my inbox, sometimes they don't. : )

And actually, it seems like there's a good chance the game will be ready this September! It's still in the works and my publisher tries to figure out the best launch date, but I'm really close to having the finished game!
YES!!! Super excited, been following this since forever. Also, congrats on having a publisher! That's god dang NEXT LEVEL!

Seriously can't wait to play this. Congrats! Will definitely be among your first buyers. Wishing you all the best