[SOLVED] NVL dialogue cuts off mid-paragraph

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Salaline
Projects: The Isekai Club
itch: salaline

[SOLVED] NVL dialogue cuts off mid-paragraph

#1 Post by Salaline »

Hi, I'm using a default renpy template, the only changes being I've defined an nvl narrator (define narrator = nvl_narrator) and added a paragraph of text in quotation marks in the script file. The paragraph cuts off part way through, however, despite there being space below.

Does anybody know how to fix this? I was unable to find an answer searching online, but I'm a newbie and might be missing something super apparent. Thank you for your help.

Last edited by Salaline on Thu May 06, 2021 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: NVL dialogue cuts off mid-paragraph

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

In gui.rpy find the line that says nvl_height and adjust the number to give it more space or set it to None for automatic spacing.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

Salaline
Projects: The Isekai Club
itch: salaline

Re: NVL dialogue cuts off mid-paragraph

#3 Post by Salaline »

Imperf3kt wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:42 pm In gui.rpy find the line that says nvl_height and adjust the number to give it more space or set it to None for automatic spacing.
Thank you so much! That's embarassingly simple but you've really helped me out.