[Solved] Manually make changes to renpy-build without updating

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
emz911
Regular

[Solved] Manually make changes to renpy-build without updating

#1 Post by emz911 »

Hi! I’m looking for a way where I can make these two fixes (https://github.com/renpy/renpy/issues/2765) without updating to 7.4.4 (I am currently 7.3.5.606). This is because my game has been selling for quite a while, and I am afraid that not supporting Windows XP and older Macs could affect several of my players. :( There are only a few lines of code that needs to be changed, but those specific files are nowhere to be found.
I read the README for the Renpy Build but am still pretty lost because I have no experience with this, sorry if this is stupid!!
Last edited by emz911 on Sun May 09, 2021 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

uyjulian
Regular
Github: uyjulian

Re: Manually make changes to renpy-build without updating

#2 Post by uyjulian »

Steam dropped support for Windows XP and macOS 10.10 a while back, so I don't think you need to worry about that.

emz911
Regular

Re: Manually make changes to renpy-build without updating

#3 Post by emz911 »

uyjulian wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:41 pm Steam dropped support for Windows XP and macOS 10.10 a while back, so I don't think you need to worry about that.
Can’t believe I didn’t realize this sooner! Thank you so much, that would totally solve my problem! <3