The Worst VN/KN Ever - 2013

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
pwisaguacate
Veteran

Re: The Worst VN/KN Ever - 2013

#61 Post by pwisaguacate »

OokamiKasumi wrote:Sadly the contest ended yesterday...
Mr. Trick knows how to ninja edit his thread.

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#62 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

Yup. 3 or 4 days ago, after beingg asked if its ok to make a second entry.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

CosmicCat

#63 Post by CosmicCat »

As an experiment I tried to do some things with my game that I hadn't done in Renpy before, but it was a failure. I kept getting error after error. I'll probably keep working on it just to see where I went wrong, but I don't think it'll be any great loss to the VN community if its never completed. It would have been as exciting and interesting as watching grass grow. In fact it was about growing a plant.

I look forward (?) to playing some of the horrible VNs that were completed though.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#64 Post by Donmai »

CosmicCat wrote:I'll probably keep working on it just to see where I went wrong, but I don't think it'll be any great loss to the VN community if its never completed.
For us, ANY project is important! And you are rigth: keep on working on your project as long as you are learning from it and as long as you are having fun with it. Of course, if you eventually feel you have no choice but to abandon a project and start another one, just do it. But don't look at your unfinished work as if it has been a waist of time. It was important too, for us all, even if you never showed it to others, because you learn something from it. Everybody here started this way. :wink:
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#65 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

So, I think it's pretty much June now everywhere in the world. I'll keep a placeholder for a short time for CosmicCat if they want. Other than that, submissions are closed. Thank you to everyone who took part. I look forward to the nightmares inspired by your projects.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

Phoenyx75

#66 Post by Phoenyx75 »

Sapphi wrote: Sat May 18, 2013 1:37 pm
The tragic nakige about an innocent pillowcase and her passionate lover...
...an instant and treasured classic to the VN community...
Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Screenshots:
screenshot0001.pngscreenshot0003.pngscreenshot0004.png
DOWNLOAD AND CRY UR EYES OUT
(Kids stay away this is PG-13 :twisted:)
(Download is all versions so that everybody can suffer :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:)
Very nice :-)