Can you have multiple quick menu designs to match different textboxes?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
AERenoir
Veteran

Can you have multiple quick menu designs to match different textboxes?

#1 Post by AERenoir »

I've set up a some characters to have unique textbox designs. Since they look different enough from one another, I designed unique quickmenu GUIs to match each textbox. Can I set up something in the init python to make the appropriate quickmenu come up when the matching text box is being used? Quickmenu A appears when Textbox A is on screen, and Quickmenu B when Textbox B is being used.

There's this old post about using the Textbox graphic AS the quickmenu, but it's a decade old. I imagine it's already obsolete.

Leon's Imagebutton tutorial has a sample script for multiple Quickmenu designs, but you have to manually call the change to switch them around. Which, you know, I don't mind doing if it really is the only way, but if there is a shortcut to attach GUI A to textbox A and GUI B to Textbox B through an init, I'd be glad to know how.