Love Cypher [Demo/Kickstarter] | A VN about Love, Tech, and Humanity | [BxG][Comedy][Slice-of-Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
DLDigital
Completed: Fruit of Grisaia | Persona 4 & 5 | Katawa Shoujo | DDLC
Projects: Love Cypher | Isekai Tarot
Deviantart: dldigital
itch: star-lake-studios

Love Cypher [Demo/Kickstarter] | A VN about Love, Tech, and Humanity | [BxG][Comedy][Slice-of-Life]

#1 Post by DLDigital »

Support the project on Kickstarter!!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/da ... sual-novel

Genre: [BxG][Comedy][Slice-of-Life]
Rating: 18+

Trailer:

"We do not 'come into' this world; rather, we come out of it, like leaves on a tree."

In the 2040s, advancements in artificial intelligence have blurred the boundaries between man and machine. Algorithms, computers, and software have all been optimized to the point of understanding individuals more than they do themselves. This technology re-sculpts one's identity, while keeping the individual unaware of their transformation.

As a new student at the prestigious Wattasu University, you and your classmates wrestle with this notion, and seek to discover and define their authentic selves - outside of the pervasive influence of technology.

Will you rediscover your humanity and find love along the way?

4 Routes, each following the story of a different heroine, with multiple endings

Partial Voice-Acting
Adult (18+) content and artwork.
120k-word Story full of unexpected twists
20+ CGs of memorable story moments

Genre: BxG Romance, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Comedy, Ecchi Rating: 18+

Unlock more content by supporting the project on Kickstarter!

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, business, events and incidents are the products of the author’s imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Every appearing character is over 18 years old.

Love Cypher is a solo-developed, standalone R-18 Visual Novel illustrated by me, David L, and features sci-fi ideas and themes I have found philosophically compelling. Sources of inspiration include Alan Watts, Buddhism, Hinduism, theories of the mind and self, and the works of Isaac Asimov.

Growing up, I was drawn to art, comics, anime, and telling stories. From DM-ing D&D campaigns, to creating my own tarot card deck, I've always loved creating worlds in miniature. As such, making my own game and creating a Visual Novel has turned out to be an ideal fit. Thank you for joining me on this adventure!

Even if you can't pledge to the campaign, you can still contribute by helping spread the word! The more people know about the game, the more likely it is we will reach the funding and stretch goals! You can submit fan-art to Reddit, Discord friends, do let's plays of the demo, or tell your favorite Youtuber/Twitch Streamer/Press/Media about it!

Download Demo here:

https://star-lake-studios.itch.io/love-cypher

Community Questions after playing the demo:
1. Who was your favorite character?
2. What could possibly be going on with the realistic portraits of the characters?
3. As a bonus route, would you like for me to add Sensei or Kazuki? :X

Again, please consider taking a look at the Kickstarter if you have a chance, it's kinda flat-lined:

And be sure to spread the word! <3
Please consider supporting the Love Cypher Kickstarter here:

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Love Cypher [Demo/Kickstarter] | A VN about Love, Tech, and Humanity | [BxG][Comedy][Slice-of-Life]

#2 Post by papillon »

(Maybe a little more plot detail? RIght now what I see is pretty much a list of characters. Well-drawn characters, but I'm not sure what the plot is. Is Kazuki the protagonist? ... Guess not if you were talking about adding him as a route. So who is the protagonist? What does he want? What's the hook?)

DLDigital
Completed: Fruit of Grisaia | Persona 4 & 5 | Katawa Shoujo | DDLC
Projects: Love Cypher | Isekai Tarot
Deviantart: dldigital
itch: star-lake-studios

Re: Love Cypher [Demo/Kickstarter] | A VN about Love, Tech, and Humanity | [BxG][Comedy][Slice-of-Life]

#3 Post by DLDigital »

Sure! The protagonist's name is Satoru Aimoto - a new student a a prestigious tech University sometime in the near future (2040s). Technology, Machine Learning, and AI have exploded in application and capability in the past few decades - so much so that it's become pervasive and inextricably interwoven in day-to-day life. The visual novel tells the story of how it can be difficult to come to terms with what it means to live an authentic life - outside of the (oftentimes manipulative) effects of technology. Satoru will attend Wattasu Academy in search of answers to what he ultimately would like out of life in a setting like that.

In short, it's about understanding, finding, and defining friendship, individuality, love, family, and an authentic self. There are some twists later that complicate these questions further, but I'd like to avoid spoilers if I can.

The demo doesn't yet touch on these themes, as they present themselves later in the story down each of the characters routes. The demo largely serves as an introduction to the characters.

Let me know if there's more you're curious about! :)
Please consider supporting the Love Cypher Kickstarter here: