[Kickstarter] The Curse Of Mantras, supernatural VN/Card Battler

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

[Kickstarter] The Curse Of Mantras, supernatural VN/Card Battler

#1 Post by jack_norton »

Hi everyone, my new Kickstarter is now live!

The Curse Of Mantras is a dating sim with optional card battler gameplay.

You play as either Lily or Ace, and you wake up in a strange supernatural world known as the Afterlife. A strange man, Mantras, greets you and introduces you to the world's rules and your companions.
Your companions are other dead people that represent an avatar of one of the four elements: water, fire, air, earth, and one of the two arcana: life and death.

Lily and Ace are the avatars of death. The most powerful avatar, the only one who has the power to activate a strange device, a music box, which can make them remember their past lives, and most importantly, why and how the died.
Each companion has an alignment: Order or Chaos. Lily or Ace (depending who you play as) will choose between one of the two alignments and form a team that will fight the opposite team until all the battles have been won and the memories have been remembered.

Even if this is the Afterlife and everyone is dead, there's love to be found in this place. Each companion except the opposite avatar of death can be romanced, for a total of 10 love interests which can be romanced both as Lily or Ace for a total of at least 20 unique romance CG (more are planned).

The Curse Of Mantras offers a detailed card collecting game, featuring over 120 cards: 72 unique creatures and 60 different spells, divided based on element/arcana and alignment.
If you don't like card games, no problem: you can still play the game in "visual novel mode" and just enjoy the story.

Optional Adult Content

The game will feature optional nudity in the romance CG scenes as well as more erotic texts. You can always toggle it on/off from the options in the game.
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: [Kickstarter] The Curse Of Mantras, supernatural VN/Card Battler

#2 Post by jack_norton »

The game is now in beta on itchio: https://winter-wolves.itch.io/the-curse-of-mantras
Playing in Visual Novel mode seems already very stable, while the card battling gameplay can still have some bugs.
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: [Kickstarter] The Curse Of Mantras, supernatural VN/Card Battler

#3 Post by jack_norton »

The game is now out on itchio (same link as before): https://winter-wolves.itch.io/the-curse-of-mantras
And it will be also on Steam around mid-March, sadly they put it in Adult Only section:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/6180 ... f_Mantras/
computer games