Problems removing text with input_delete_full

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Breadlump
Completed: Demon Sighting
Projects: Missile Input
itch: flakstadarts

Problems removing text with input_delete_full

#1 Post by Breadlump »

Under input, the Ren'Py keymap (https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/keymap.html) specifies input_delete_full = [ 'meta_K_BACKSPACE' ] which I assume is meant to remove all text from a text input the player is working on.

However, I cannot seem to get this working by pressing the Windows key + Backspace. I have made sure my windows key is not locked, and I have tested this with
$ renpy.input as well as my own custom input screen. I have also tried mapping Shift + Backspace to the same action using
$ config.keymap['input_delete_full'].append('shift_K_BACKSPACE'), but this also did nothing in practice.

Curiously, input_delete_word = [ 'osctrl_K_BACKSPACE' ], which is a similar command, works just fine. Does input_delete_full need to be enabled like copypaste does? I have not found anything to suggest so.

Your input much appreciated.