Between the Cracks [Sci-Fi] [Mystery]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mcoorlim
itch: mcoorlim

Between the Cracks [Sci-Fi] [Mystery]

#1 Post by mcoorlim »

Premise:
A group of strangers wake up in a sealed research facility with no memory of the recent past and no clues as to why they’re there. They'll need to work together to find any answers and escape, while managing to reconstruct the past, forge new relationships, and discover their the nature of the program they've been subjected to.

The Cast

Temporarily using Daz3D renders as art. May keep it this way, may switch to 2d illustrations if I can dig up the budget to hire someone.

Not pictured: Protagonist. The protagonist will not appear within renders; visuals are from the protagonist's POV.

Devlogs: Current Status:
Planning. Story is plotted, dialog is being scripted. Scope is tight, production time should be less than a year.
Author Page - Galvanic Century steampunk mysteries and thrillers - Shadow Decade cyberpunk thrillers

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Between the Cracks [Sci-Fi] [Mystery]

#2 Post by fleet »

I wish you success. Visual novels with 3D art often receive little attention here at LSF (with the possible exception of works by Donmai (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=16594)

If you can't find an artist to draw the pictures you might want to use a graphics editing program to 'filter' the 3D art to make it look like a drawing (Donmai uses that technique).
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

mcoorlim

#3 Post by mcoorlim »

fleet wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:23 pm I wish you success. Visual novels with 3D art often receive little attention here at LSF (with the possible exception of works by Donmai (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=16594)

If you can't find an artist to draw the pictures you might want to use a graphics editing program to 'filter' the 3D art to make it look like a drawing (Donmai uses that technique).
I strongly considered using a filter - and I might. Depends on how it all works out.
Author Page - Galvanic Century steampunk mysteries and thrillers - Shadow Decade cyberpunk thrillers

mcoorlim

#4 Post by mcoorlim »

Playing with some filters to get a more illustrative look. Thoughts?

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#5 Post by fleet »

It looks closer to being hand drawn. :)
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.