Old saves not transferring when I do a build on a new version of my game

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
willanik
Regular

Old saves not transferring when I do a build on a new version of my game

#1 Post by willanik »

Hi Ren’Py folk,

I just made some very minor changes to a Ren’Py game I’m working on. First I copied my game file and renamed it to become the new version. When I open the new version with “Launch Project” from the Ren’Py launcher I can see all my old saves that copied over, plus the new saves that I have been making as I work on this new version.

But, when I make build distributions of the new version and open them, my new saves are there but all my old saves have disappeared. I have never encountered this before; can someone advise me on how the make sure my old saves flow through to the new version when I build it? I am using a recent issue of Ren’Py - 7.4.11.2266.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

willanik
Regular

Re: Old saves not transferring when I do a build on a new version of my game

#3 Post by willanik »

Thanks, I'll have a look at that.