[Closed][Paid] Looking for a composer to make music for my VN

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
KuroOneHalf
Regular
Completed: Cuttlebone
Projects: Somewhere In The Shade
Deviantart: KuroOneHalf
itch: kuroonehalf

[Closed][Paid] Looking for a composer to make music for my VN

#1 Post by KuroOneHalf »

Hi! I've been working on my second big visual novel for a few years now, and I've done all the writing, scripting, art (still temp. It's gonna be all redone at the end), and code, and I've even done alpha tests recently with the game fully playable. However, it's still missing music - the one thing I don't know how to do! I was hoping someone would be interested in working with me and helping me bring the audio side of the project to life.

It's my first time commissioning music so I'm at a bit of a loss in how to go about this, but I'm gonna try to offer as much information as possible. I'm hoping that there's someone who's excited about the project and/or my work and thinks they can fit the bill for what I'm trying to go for.

So, some back of the box tidbits about the project:
- It's titled "Somewhere In The Shade".
- It is a ~2 hour slice-of-life/romance visual novel.
- There's no adult content. Just some cozy BxG light romance.
- It's a kinetic novel, meaning no choices. Just sit back and enjoy the story.
- The art is by me! I do art for a living, and if you're into saucy anime art you might have stumbled upon my work before. Here's some of my socials if you haven't and are curious: Twitter | Pixiv | Deviantart | Twitch
(Note: Despite me doing mainly sexy illustrations for work, this VN is not that at all. It's totally vanilla. :p)
- The synopsis for the story is:
The school year has ended and Naoki is returning to campus to pick up his club supplies. There, he finds his club mate Haruka, and the two waste away the day together.
It's essentially a long conversation that happens in the course of an afternoon, as the protagonist and heroine hang out and reminisce. Think one of those podcasts where friends get together and shoot the shit and talk about life, but in the lens of a romance story. Big summer vibes, nostalgia, playfulness, and then ending on a more romantic touching note. Very similar to my last VN, Cuttlebone, but much better written.

Since this thing is so hard to describe, and since I'm so particular about it, I decided to do a massive round of research where I re-listened to just about every OST I could think of and gathered songs that I thought had stuff I liked, and compiled them into this inspiration google drive folder.
By far my biggest influence from those is Lamune's soundtrack. I absolutely love that early 2000s midi, kind of jazz fusion / bossa nova summery feel. I feel like it works really well for the kind of slice-of-life mood I have in mind. But there's lots of other tracks that offer some nice complimenting flavors. I'll have more dedicated reference documents for each song.

It's a short VN, so I don't wager we'd need more than 4 or 5 tracks, totaling 5-6 minutes of music. But again, it's my first time commissioning music so I'm not a great judge of this. As I said at the top, I have a fully playable version of the game I could send, so you can see exactly what you'd be composing for. :)

If you feel this is your wheelhouse, please reach out to me!! Music is the final major bottleneck in getting my project on the way to completion, and I really want to get it done.
Last edited by KuroOneHalf on Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:27 am, edited 5 times in total.

brightbone

Re: [Open][Paid] Looking for a composer to make music for my VN

#2 Post by brightbone »

DM'ed you on Twitter! Hope that's okay :)

KuroOneHalf
Regular

#3 Post by KuroOneHalf »

brightbone wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:12 pm DM'ed you on Twitter! Hope that's okay :)
That's totally fine. Thank you! I'll try to go through it and reply soon. :>

highintheautumnsky
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.c
itch: https://highintheaut

#4 Post by highintheautumnsky »

Do you have a preferred method of contact? Discord, email, etc? I'd like to sent you my portfolio and discuss if my style would fit for your game.

KuroOneHalf
Regular

#5 Post by KuroOneHalf »

highintheautumnsky wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:45 pm Do you have a preferred method of contact? Discord, email, etc? I'd like to sent you my portfolio and discuss if my style would fit for your game.
DMs here or discord is fine, yeah. My discord is Kuro#9893

RedRobotix
Projects: 1st Degree, Lotus Reverie, Our Life
Soundcloud: redrobotix

#6 Post by RedRobotix »

Hi Kuro - I just sent through a DM request via Discord.

Apologies if this project has been closed - otherwise I'd love to share my some of my previous work.

Cheers,
Red.
Logo art by Irlana. I will fight your dad.