[CLOSED] GOG achievements implementation

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
kamti
Regular
Completed: The Book of Bondmaids

[CLOSED] GOG achievements implementation

#1 Post by kamti »

Hello guys,

Does somebody have experience of GOG achievements implementation for RenPy game?
Please PM me or write to discord: kamti #1424.
Reward for information, which ensure iachievements work: 150 $ via Paypal.

Cheers!
kamti
Last edited by kamti on Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

SypherZent
Veteran
Completed: Multiverse Heroes, Space Hamster in Turmoil

Re: [PAID] GOG achievements implementation

#2 Post by SypherZent »

Hi,

It seems that GOG has a Steam SDK Wrapper which is capable of taking Steam API code from your game, and translating it for GOG. If it works as advertised, then you simply need to program and set your achievements the way you would do it for Steam, and then add the Steam SDK Wrapper offered by GOG using the instructions offered in their documentation.

GOG Documentation: https://docs.gog.com/steam-sdk-wrapper/

Ren'Py Achievements Documentation (Used for Steam Achievements): https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/achievement.html

I do not have personal experience adding achievements for GOG, but the documentation seems straightforward enough.

kamti
Regular

#3 Post by kamti »

SypherZent wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:06 pm
Hey, thanks for info.

I already tried Wrapper and it doesn't work in my case or I use it in a wrong way.
I think how to use this method: https://docs.gog.com/demo-s-and-a-implementation/?h=ach

Steam achievements work properly by the way.

SypherZent
Veteran
Completed: Multiverse Heroes, Space Hamster in Turmoil

#4 Post by SypherZent »

I imagine, like Steam, that the achievements would have to be created server-side (on their website or developer portal) before the Wrapper would work properly.

I looked through the documentation you posted. That's a different coding language from Python. However, it might be possible for someone with a bit of know-how to create a Python function that calls another script that runs the GOG SDK code in parallel to your game (so if something fails your game is not affected).

Unfortunately I have no experience with GOG, so if I were to try to help it would be pure trial-and-error. I'd be shooting blind, lol. Hopefully somebody else in these forums with a bit more knowledge can help you set this up in a more reliable manner than someone just trying things. ^^ Good luck!

kamti
Regular

Re: [CLOSED] GOG achievements implementation

#5 Post by kamti »

SypherZent wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:45 pm ^^ Good luck!
Hi there,

thanks for your comment, mate.
Topic is closed, no achievement will be foreseen.