Multiple games with different saves

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
hapciupalit
Regular

Multiple games with different saves

#1 Post by hapciupalit »

Hi there.

I'm trying to make like an anthology of small stories. Is it possible to have different screens for saves of each game?
For example the main menu will have three start games which will jump to different start labels, now the problem is the save/load part. Under each start button will be a load button which will let player load for each of the small games.
Do you guys think it's possible?

Bests

Deimos96
Regular

Re: Multiple games with different saves

#2 Post by Deimos96 »

I think a simpler solution is to store all the "games" in one save file. When the player wants to change game/route he can go to a special menu screen for what game he wants to play, rather than store it all in the main menu. So that menu acts as a hub for what game the player chooses.

Also you might want to ask questions in "Ren'Py Questions and Announcements" not in General Discussion. Cheers.

hapciupalit
Regular

Re: Multiple games with different saves

#3 Post by hapciupalit »

Deimos96 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:47 pm I think a simpler solution is to store all the "games" in one save file. When the player wants to change game/route he can go to a special menu screen for what game he wants to play, rather than store it all in the main menu. So that menu acts as a hub for what game the player chooses.

Also you might want to ask questions in "Ren'Py Questions and Announcements" not in General Discussion. Cheers.
Thank you. I think that might be a good idea on how to handle the saves. Thank you!