Can't reproduce grid overfill issue

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
sbester
Regular
Completed: Crime Opera: The Butterfly Effect
Projects: Crime Opera II: The Floodgate Effect, Untitled Gundam Fanmade VN
Organization: Crime Opera Studios

Can't reproduce grid overfill issue

#1 Post by sbester »

Hi everyone,

I'm working with a group to get my games ported to consoles right now. They have requested that I upgrade the game to work with Python 2, so they want me to fix the grid overfill issue they're having in renpy 7.3.5. However, downloaded this version of the program on a laptop, and booting up my projects shows no errors whatsoever. I tried other versions like 7.4 and 7.5.3 to see if I'd get the error, still nothing though.

I'm at a loss. I don't even have grids in the screens part for my games. I could try taking a couple buttons out of the title screen to see if that works, but it is so hard to understand what the issue is when I'm not getting the error that they are while booting the games up.

Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Can't reproduce grid overfill issue

#2 Post by Alex »

Get the actual error message from your team, so you could see the line where it happens.