Quick special effects

A place for Ren'Py tutorials and reusable Ren'Py code.
Forum rules
Do not post questions here!

This forum is for example code you want to show other people. Ren'Py questions should be asked in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Andredron
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:37 pm
Location: Russia
Contact:

Quick special effects

#1 Post by Andredron »



The very idea. You have an interactive director, in which you can add your special effects, but there is no way to customize your special effect, choose the speed of particle movement, etc.

Here, an attempt to add
in the project a tool that allows you to customize your special effect yourself, and that would not write large code, saves it as a variable.
You will have the opportunity to see the result yourself from special effects with background and sprites

There are many settings added, and such a tool is not a pity in the interactive director (shift + D)

If you have any ideas, or how to improve this code - please write.

The license is free, but I'll be glad if ty specify the author - = a = Firestorm

pasterbin - https://pastebin.com/UxVUSdz7

more current program - https://github.com/kyouryuukunn/renpy-ActionEditor3

Last edited by Andredron on Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
iRayala
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:08 pm
Discord: Rayala#0223
Contact:

Re: Quick special effects

#2 Post by iRayala »

Hi, is there any way to access this code?

User avatar
Andredron
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:37 pm
Location: Russia
Contact:

Re: Quick special effects

#3 Post by Andredron »

iRayala wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:17 pm Hi, is there any way to access this code?
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/XItwAjk2AETwlA

The project is very old, like 2018, when the first version of the interactive director renpy, an acquaintance wrote this code for his project that could be 1 line variable to prescribe all the complex special effect.

You can see how the background will look like, sprite + background, and separately sprite. And at that time quite a flexible system to add various transitions and special effects, but the project did not interest anyone

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=50642

So it remains as a digital monument

pasterbin - https://pastebin.com/UxVUSdz7
Last edited by Andredron on Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 am
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Quick special effects

#4 Post by Donmai »

Thank you so much, Andredron and Firestorm. Here's an English version of that project.
Lights 0.2 Eng.zip
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 37 times
Image
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

User avatar
iRayala
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:08 pm
Discord: Rayala#0223
Contact:

Re: Quick special effects

#5 Post by iRayala »

Andredron wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:40 pm
iRayala wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:17 pm Hi, is there any way to access this code?
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/XItwAjk2AETwlA

The project is very old, like 2018, when the first version of the interactive director renpy, an acquaintance wrote this code for his project that could be 1 line variable to prescribe all the complex special effect.

You can see how the background will look like, sprite + background, and separately sprite. And at that time quite a flexible system to add various transitions and special effects, but the project did not interest anyone

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=50642

So it remains as a digital monument

pasterbin - https://pastebin.com/UxVUSdz7
Can I implement this lighting effects to my project, done in 1920 x 1080 resolution? How could I implement it?

Is it adding the code to the script.rpy or options.rpy?

User avatar
Andredron
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:37 pm
Location: Russia
Contact:

Re: Quick special effects

#6 Post by Andredron »

iRayala wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:49 pm
Andredron wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:40 pm
iRayala wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:17 pm Hi, is there any way to access this code?
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/XItwAjk2AETwlA

The project is very old, like 2018, when the first version of the interactive director renpy, an acquaintance wrote this code for his project that could be 1 line variable to prescribe all the complex special effect.

You can see how the background will look like, sprite + background, and separately sprite. And at that time quite a flexible system to add various transitions and special effects, but the project did not interest anyone

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=50642

So it remains as a digital monument

pasterbin - https://pastebin.com/UxVUSdz7
Can I implement this lighting effects to my project, done in 1920 x 1080 resolution? How could I implement it?

Is it adding the code to the script.rpy or options.rpy?
https://github.com/kyouryuukunn/renpy-ActionEditor3

using the recommended program, it is more simple and complete, this is bullshit in its own words

User avatar
iRayala
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:08 pm
Discord: Rayala#0223
Contact:

Re: Quick special effects

#7 Post by iRayala »

Andredron wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:47 am
iRayala wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:49 pm
Andredron wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:40 pm

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/XItwAjk2AETwlA

The project is very old, like 2018, when the first version of the interactive director renpy, an acquaintance wrote this code for his project that could be 1 line variable to prescribe all the complex special effect.

You can see how the background will look like, sprite + background, and separately sprite. And at that time quite a flexible system to add various transitions and special effects, but the project did not interest anyone

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=50642

So it remains as a digital monument

pasterbin - https://pastebin.com/UxVUSdz7
Can I implement this lighting effects to my project, done in 1920 x 1080 resolution? How could I implement it?

Is it adding the code to the script.rpy or options.rpy?
https://github.com/kyouryuukunn/renpy-ActionEditor3

using the recommended program, it is more simple and complete, this is bullshit in its own words
Thanks for the prompt reply, I think I'll make use of this.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users