[Paid][Open]Looking for Programmer to add better Steam Deck support to released game.

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
dragondatingsim
Regular
Tumblr: angelswithscalywings

[Paid][Open]Looking for Programmer to add better Steam Deck support to released game.

#1 Post by dragondatingsim »

We would like to add better Steam Deck support to our previously released game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/5718 ... aly_Wings/

Ideally, this would be someone who already has experience with the Steam Deck or has done similar things in regards to what we require to get the controls working as intended.

Tasks involved are some simpler tasks like adjusting text size for certain screens and mapping controller buttons a certain way. The potentially more complicated tasks involve changing behavior of trackpads when playing on the Steam Deck and getting the floating keyboard to work (which involves the Steam Input API).

A complication is that right now our game uses Ren'Py 6.99.11, and some functionality to support the Steam Deck was only introduced in 7.5. As per RenpyTom's guide ( https://github.com/renpy/steam-deck-gui ... or-earlier ), it is possible to port the required functionality to older versions, although we're not sure if this will work for a version as old as the one we're using. My own attempt at doing this did not work.

We could try to move the game to a newer Ren'Py version like 7.5, but right now the game refuses to launch on it. So it seems this would also come with its own complications.

Does this sound like something you could potentially help with? Please reply with your contact info or send me an email through my profile to discuss your rates and the scope in more detail.