[OPEN] 80-90s Stylized Artist Looking For Long-Term Coder/Programmer Partner Serious Creating Next Presiding Game(s)

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
bonbonSTATION

[OPEN] 80-90s Stylized Artist Looking For Long-Term Coder/Programmer Partner Serious Creating Next Presiding Game(s)

#1 Post by bonbonSTATION »

Greetings! My name is Lia, I do visual art. This may be a bit of an odd thread since I'm not here to open commissions, but looking for a PARTNERSHIP of walking the long journey of developing and creating one of the next prominent series to make its mark upon the gaming industry and good impact on our players. I won't pay you. You won't pay me. It'll be the agreement of putting our talents together to work for the unknown big pay off, even after crossing goal lines. The drive and desire to make your own success from humble origins! Because that's what I'm all about. After some failed attempts of trying to build my art career, I decided to throw a ring down this lane since it is honestly a more reasonable approach with my limitations, and I can easily take all the skills I gained the past decade+ of doing art things (merchandise designing for conventions, fan comics, character design, story writing, animation, vroid modeling/editing) and meeting all sorts of people because of it--to finally do something I've always wished to do but can't from not having that particular skill set.

So here I am: looking for someone who does--someone who can program/code--and interested in planting this seed and finding a way to bring to life both our dreams by putting together our talents in this year of the rabbit. I have an older sister and her husband who are incredibly talented in music and have access to a recording studio, so I feel like that's covered when we need it since they're also looking at some point to be able to work for their own dreams (they love anime like me so). I am a completely self-taught artist, so anything I don't know, I can learn it. I'm confident to feel I have enough skill for now to cover what we need, and then I'll be able to grow and expand as I see where my limits need to be pushed for our projects (though I can't use blender or LIVE2D due to potato laptop, I study it a lot on YT so I really do want to expand for more resources for us to use). Really, all I/we need for this puzzle team to be complete is someone who can program/code. I really don't know too much about programming; all I've ever done was a mini unreleased fangame on a definitely outdated ren'py of simple choice options about five years ago, so I don't know if the things I'm hoping to start our first game with would be needing a single person or a unit (I'm willing to learn too, just has not been priority). I am looking to make games for mobile mostly and see from there.

I have a multiple, very detailed stories that all connect that have been developing for over a decade, so I have a lot of material ready to use to map out a literal game plan, but more than happy to work any other ideas since it's flexible/big enough to weave in other things. I've also have been keeping in mind how to go about marketing the game so it can be expanded on as our unit does as well. Did I mention it's the year of the rabbit!? It's the perfect time to plant seeds for prosperity; for it to be watered to grow wonderfully in time!! No time to be the lazy cat who misses the banquet!!

Also I've been playing Honkai Impact 3rd, and it's a fantastic game. The first 10 chapters you really see the limitations in resources and everything, but they pulled it off so well, and the depth of story writing is incredibly compelling anyway, as the plot gets more revealed, so it's not minded either. Definitely they had more resources with two other games previously under their belt, but it's still truly inspiring to see how they grew and doing now in current chapters (35 as of now, and Genshin dominating the gaming industry, and Starrail being immensely anticipated). That's my goal to become. Humble efforts until its pay off allows it to become more grandiose. I truly want to impact people with the stories we tell, and I already have many thoughtful ideas for story writing along with character designs. I also appreciate that Hoyoverse donates a lot of money to help fix/build schools and give supplies, which another thing I'd like to accomplish in future success. (Blue Archive has also been an eye-opener of detailed but simple for a mobile game, just want to mention.)

Some things I feel urged to also bring up: I'd prefer if you are 'aware' to the universe; able to be humble enough to acknowledge things known and unknown to us exist in the universe and not against the idea of higher powers. Who is aware of the crazy, wicked things going on the world and SEES it's only getting worse, and dreams of not preparing for YOUR future, but the future for generations far down the line. I have a strong connection to my soul, heart, and intuition so I'm not here to bother with someone who needs be taught soul fundamentals when I'm long beyond that lesson. I've been a teacher and mentor to many, so I'm really not looking to be that again right now; I want to be able to have a more equal exchange than full teaching. I'm really looking to make a grand impact on the collective to awaken their soul purpose and lessons while I can. Having these traits is also critical to HOW we present our series and make said impact, so why I need this (note I'm not looking for someone RELIGIOUS, but someone of faith of the greater things in and beyond life).

I really don't know what kind of person is the right fit for our vague group, so please don't shy from commenting or messaging me on discord (derse#3142) to open conversation to simply see if we are able to be a compatible team. It's much better to fail in trying and able to learn for next opportunity, than fail to try and have no experience to help you. Everything is a lesson; it's just up to us to overcome any feelings that come with it and learn, while coming out stronger from it all to share testimony from the tests!

Anyway, main selling point to everything I just said, my art:
Here is my pixiv since it's the only place I post my art nowadays, but here is a folder holding a handful of my works from very recent to a few years back. Sorry for not having more examples posted on the forum here, but it ended being too many that the forum didn't like it;; So hopefully my most recent work is eye-catching enough for anyone to take a look!
P.S. DEPSITE ALL THE BL HERE, I am not looking to do a BL (though all sorts of couples will appear naturally). It's just my special treat I enjoy lol.

Thank you for looking! Have a safe and prosperous year, everyone!