[Open][Paid] Semi-realistic Sprite, CG, and Cover Illustration Artist

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Lubnevsky
Tumblr: lubnevsky
Deviantart: Lubnevsky
itch: lubnevsky
Discord: realjonahofficial

[Open][Paid] Semi-realistic Sprite, CG, and Cover Illustration Artist

#1 Post by Lubnevsky »

Hi! I'm Evgeny/Jonah; I am a surrealist artist with a semi-realistic art style, and have a lot of experience drawing horror but am open to other genres. I am willing to do draw cover/banner art, CGs, and sprites.

Work Examples
You can find my portfolio here, in all of its bloody and fleshy glory: https://www.artstation.com/lubnevsky.
Terms and conditions
  • I am flexible and will try my best to involve you in each step of my creative process. I send sketches, flat colors, and fully-rendered drawings, and am willing to adjust my artwork according to feedback I get at any of these steps - in some cases, I am even willing to make major additions in the fully-rendered stage.
  • Please give me a good description and some visual reference for your characters (be it actual concept art, a collage of Pinterest references, or just a Picrew). I am NOT willing to design fully fleshed-out characters from scratch.
  • I cannot give a drawing time estimate here, because It will vary wildly depending on the needs of your project. If you'd like an estimated completion time, please contact me with a detailed description of what you plan to commission from me.
  • I am NOT willing to work on any project condoning or promoting any sort of discrimination, including but not limited to: racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia (including enbyphobia), ableism (including discrimination towards the mentally ill, and yes that includes disorders like DID and cluster B personality disorders like narcissism), and etc.; nor am I willing to work with people who I know to hold such views.
  • I am willing to create simple animations for sprites (such as mouth movements or blinking), but I am NOT currently open to making complex animated cutscenes.
  • I may or may not agree to work on fan projects, depending on my familiarity with the source material.
  • Regarding NSFW: Depends on the project. If your project contains any NSFW scenes or themes, I will ask about the specifics before agreeing to work on it. I will NOT work on any project with sexualized depictions of minors (or barely-legal characters who still go to high school; or "loli" and "shota" type characters, even if they're "really a gazillion years old, trust me dude!!!!") or non-anthro animals, as well as any project with on-screen sexual assault. I will also likely decline any fetish-specific projects (sorry, nothing personal).
  • You may use any art you commission from me in the project you commissioned it for and any promotional material and merch you create for it; if you want to reuse it in a separate project, however, please message me so we can discuss the terms beforehand.
  • I retain the right to use the art I create for you in my portfolio and to post it online.
Price Estimates
Currently, I am only willing to work through commission and not salary. I accept payment through PayPal; I expect 50% upfront (fully refundable up until the flat colors stage) for each drawing. To ensure that I am not taken advantage of, all previews I send of my work will be jpegs and have a fat-ass watermark plastered all over them up until that final 50% is paid. After payment is received, the final piece can be delivered in whichever file format(s) you choose.

Sprites:
  • For the first sprite (or reference sheet, if you so choose), I will work with you to translate the reference material into my style until you are satisfied with the depiction. I am willing to change details of my style to better suit your needs (ex. using a limited color palette, or exaggerating facial proportions, etc)
  • The starting price for one half-body pose is 25-45 USD depending on the design's complexity – however, don't fret! Each new pose will cost 80% of the previous one, until you hit 25% of the original price. (Ex. If your sprites' detail is on the lower end and you order 6 unique half-body poses for one character, your final price will be around 95 USD. If your character is super detailed and you order the same amount of unique poses, your final price will be closer to 165.) This discount will carry over to other characters, WITH THE EXCEPTION of their first sprite, which will be full-price.
  • Adding on legs will range from 2-5 USD per leg pose, depending on the complexity of the character's lower half.
  • An outfit variation for an existing pose will be 20-60℅ of the cost of a new pose, depending on said outfit's complexity. Simple changes, like rolled up sleeves or recolors, are free.
  • New facial expressions on existing poses start at 3 dollars, and the price will decrease similarly to that of the poses until it reaches 1 USD.
    I'd say I'm comfortable working on a maximum of maybe 6 major characters (which I define as characters with with 4+ poses) at a time. Though, this isn't necessarily a hard limit – especially if your designs are super-simple.
CGs and Cover/Banner Illustrations:
  • 15-30 USD for a close-up shot, depending on the level of detail.
  • For medium and long shots, add character pricing (reference above section) to a background pricing estimate below (unless you are going to provide me with a background yourself). At the end, you may also request extra polish for a fee.
Backgrounds:
(Note: I do not do just background commissions on their own as of right now, though this may change in the future. This is mostly for CG and illustration pricing purposes.)
  • Flat color (0 USD).
  • If you provide me with the background, it is also 0 USD.
  • Simple pattern (2-6 USD).
  • My own photography ($10).
  • Detailed painting (assume 30-50 USD for most VNs, but this can really range from 10-70 USD depending on the level of ambition and detail you want).
These prices are NOT final and I am open to negotiation.

Contact Info
You can contact me through PM, e-mail (evgenylubnevsky@gmail.com), or Discord (funny silly fella#1714). If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask! :)