What kind of assets did you look for but couldn't find?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Kogi_chan
itch: eufasy

What kind of assets did you look for but couldn't find?

#1 Post by Kogi_chan »

Hello!

Thing is I want to make some free assets, but I want to make things that people really need so I came here to ask what kind of free assets do y'all need. I'm a graphic artist, so I can make both sprites and backgrounds.

This doesn't mean I'll do all of the things you put here, I'm just taking suggestions.

So, anyways, what kind of assets did you look for your project but couldn't find?

Foxpancakes
Completed: It's A Promise, Maia, Vamplair, Elated Sorrow & Just-A-Crush
itch: foxpancakes

Re: What kind of assets did you look for but couldn't find?

#2 Post by Foxpancakes »

Hey! I think it's really hard to find nice sprites to use that all have a matching art style. Especially for male sprites. I see a lot more female sprites than male ones. Also hard to find sprites that aren't high school students or dressed up in fantasy or sci fi type clothes. Would be nice to see more sprites in casual modern day clothing.

One time I was looking all over for a graveyard background but couldn't find one...so there is an idea for a background if you want it. :)

Oh another thing I try to look for and can't find are text boxes. I really like nice looking text boxes for VNs but I'm no artist so can't make them myself. They're hard to find.

It nice of you to want to make free assets for everyone. I wish you good luck!

Kogi_chan
itch: eufasy

Re: What kind of assets did you look for but couldn't find?

#3 Post by Kogi_chan »

Foxpancakes wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:58 am Hey! I think it's really hard to find nice sprites to use that all have a matching art style. Especially for male sprites. I see a lot more female sprites than male ones. Also hard to find sprites that aren't high school students or dressed up in fantasy or sci fi type clothes. Would be nice to see more sprites in casual modern day clothing.

One time I was looking all over for a graveyard background but couldn't find one...so there is an idea for a background if you want it. :)

Oh another thing I try to look for and can't find are text boxes. I really like nice looking text boxes for VNs but I'm no artist so can't make them myself. They're hard to find.

It nice of you to want to make free assets for everyone. I wish you good luck!
Well, thanks, that's pretty useful! I agree with the high school assets and fantasy. They seem so popular that I also did some of those myself but there are way too many. And good male characters are also difficult to find. I want to draw some of them. Adults and young ones, so people have variety. And about the graveyard background, it sounds nice, it would be fun to make some graveyard variations.
Lastly, text boxes isn't a thing I was planning to do, but if people needs them and there are few, I might give it a shoot, it could be fun