Delay a screen so it shows after another

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
quimerico

Delay a screen so it shows after another

#1 Post by quimerico »

Hi, people!

I'm trying to make a series of notifications that appear one after another, in the same position, but using only "show screen" causes them to appear all at the same time... I thought of setting a delay, but I don't want the game to pause while they are showing. I couldn't find anything on the forum or on reddit, and I'm kinda of a n00b that started programming with Renpy, so maybe I'm not searching right or can't understand the documentation or python syntax properly (probably all of the above...)

Explaining my intention better: I have some scenes that work like a point and click and some like an RPG, so sometimes the choices you make give you new items, skills and/or health, among other things. I want this updates to show as notifications, one after another...
Another idea is to have them pile up at the corner, but I also don't know how to make that with recurring screens without setting fixed positions. The idea is for the notifications to appear so the player can see them, but

Anyways,I attached a print of a detail showing the notes appearing all at the same time.
If someone could help me...? :mrgreen:
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-09-13 083618.png