Sweet Science [scifi,funny,romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
thelastsecret
Regular
Completed: The Last Secret
Projects: Sweet Science – The Girls from Silversee Castle
itch: thelastsecret
Discord: TheLastSecret #5266

Sweet Science [scifi,funny,romance]

#1 Post by thelastsecret »

NEWS: The game has been published: https://thelastsecret.itch.io/sweet-science

What if...
...you went back in time to a place you never wanted to go to?
And there you are: at a weird science camp in a prestigious boarding school in Silversee Castle in the 1990s. Will you solve the mystery of how you ended up there? And will you be able to return to your time? And maybe find love?

In this visual novel you will meet four extraordinary (and quirky) girls, learn more about your world and uncover the mystery. On the way, original puzzles are challenging you. Master them – or simply chicken out.

Dive into the story and find out how sweet science can be!

This game is an experiment: nearly all art was made using AI. The production process is documented here: https://the-last-secret.mozellosite.com/news/
The game is currently taking part at the Feedback Quest as one of very few visual novels, so if you like to try out the demo and rate it, I would be super happy! Just follow this link: https://itch.io/jam/feedback-quest-3/rate/1780751
Last edited by thelastsecret on Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Sweet Science [scifi,funny,romance]

#2 Post by papillon »

.... It's not the first AI-generated VN by a longshot, sorry to say.

thelastsecret
Regular

#3 Post by thelastsecret »

papillon wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:28 pm .... It's not the first AI-generated VN by a longshot, sorry to say.
Depends:
- If you count the day of final publication, probably not, as "Sweet Science" is still a demo, albeit fairly complete by now.
- If you count some quick projects that just used random AI images to illustrate a story, then also not, as the first of those came out already last summer.
- If you look for a classical looking VN where nearly all graphics are AI made at the time the announcement for Sweet Science was made (last autumn), that's different...
- And of course: you may never be sure which one is the first, as maybe there is some VN that used AI, but didn't tell us! :wink:

The idea of "Sweet Science" is to make a good classical VN with AI graphics and to document the process so that others can learn from that. It also discusses AI art a bit within the story.
I think these goals we have achieved by now. (The "First AI"-tag is then merely a label to sum it up.)

By the way: "Sweet Science" would have been called "Science Girls" if you hadn't done this marvellous game with this title already! I'm a big fan of it, and it also contributed to the idea for making "Sweet Science". I remember the moment when I went to the portal and was like: Wow, this game is now turning into something entirely different, I'd never expected that! Really cool! :D
Last edited by thelastsecret on Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thelastsecret
Regular

#4 Post by thelastsecret »

"Sweet Science" took part at the Feedback Fest. And here are the results:

Wow, I really feel honored... and a bit under pressure to finish the game now as quickly and well as possible.😅
You can play the demo here:
https://thelastsecret.itch.io/sweetscience

thelastsecret
Regular

#5 Post by thelastsecret »

Little update: working currently on getting the demo on Steam. If that works out (as it should), we will take part on the Steam Next Fest to showcase "Sweet Science" to a broader audience.
Meanwhile, please feel free to take a look at the extended demo on itch, linked here: https://the-last-secret.mozellosite.com/home/

thelastsecret
Regular

#6 Post by thelastsecret »

The game is basically finished and we are having some last play tests. Stupidly, Steam has temporarily banned AI (with exceptions for big companies, of course). They are still in the process of deciding about my game, but this is the status now for months and nothing happens.
We will therefore publish at first only on itch.io.

thelastsecret
Regular

#7 Post by thelastsecret »

The game is now published, not only on itch, but finally also on Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2309 ... ee_Castle/