Steam Deck: On-screen keyboard causing lockups

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Twoflower
Regular
Completed: Arcade Spirits
Projects: Arcade Spirits
Organization: Fiction Factory Games
Tumblr: fictionfactorygames

Steam Deck: On-screen keyboard causing lockups

#1 Post by Twoflower »

Got a weird bug here which dropped my game from Supported to Unsupported on steam deck...

I'm using a screen with an Input box to type in the player's name. When this pops up, the on-screen keyboard comes up. (I've applied the 00steam.rpy fix from the nightly builds, so it shouldn't hit the same bug that was happening earlier this week.)

Problem is, that keyboard never goes away. If I hit Enter or Hide Keyboard it just pops up again and again. I took a quick video to show it, pardon the bad angle: https://youtu.be/L46tTi8QN-4

In addition, while the keyboard is open, if I hit the STEAM button on the deck it appears wildly messed up (see attached photo).

According to Steam, the exact errors are:

Title does not behave correctly when using the Steam Menu. Failure is being tracked as VLVSOS-127113 (?)
. Additional Note: The *Steam Menu* will appear incorrectly/not at all when the on-screen keyboard is activated by the title.

The on-screen keyboard does not function. Failure is being tracked as VLVSOS-127108 (?)
. Additional Note: Keyboard opens at the top of the screen and cannot be closed.

(I think I fixed 'top of the screen' with the nightly pull but they're right, it can't be closed)

Any ideas how to fix this?
Attachments
deckbug.jpg