Default translation[SOLVED]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
kamti
Regular
Completed: The Book of Bondmaids

Default translation[SOLVED]

#1 Post by kamti »

Hi guys.

I created a project with English language (I think).
In fact default language in scripts of the project is Russian.

I want all messages in game, like - "Are you sure you want to quit game?" to be in Russian by default as well.
I used "Update default interface translation" and now in "common.rpy" I have Russian strings. But messages are still in English.

I have no other languages/folder/files in folder "tl". Only "None/common.rpy".

Please help. How to fix it?
Last edited by kamti on Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

kamti
Regular

Re: Default translation

#2 Post by kamti »

So, I started feeling I am too smart.
Nobody can answer questions I have...

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Alex »

kamti wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:39 am Hi guys.

I created a project with English language (I think).
In fact default language in scripts of the project is Russian.

I want all messages in game, like - "Are you sure you want to quit game?" to be in Russian by default as well. ...
Try to set russian language in launcher preferences, then create new project - all menus and messages should be in russian. Then just put your script.rpy into this project's 'game' folder.

kamti
Regular

#4 Post by kamti »

Alex wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:12 am
Try to set russian language in launcher preferences, then create new project - all menus and messages should be in russian. Then just put your script.rpy into this project's 'game' folder.
Hey Alex,

thanks for advice, already tried.
It's in Russian in beginning, but when I copy all my files to the new project, it's a mess again.
I cannot copy just script.rpy, I copy screen.rpy as well, as I have lots of new stuff there...

But I cannot find a code in my "screen.rpy", which ensures that English default text to be presented...
I also cleaned persistend, rpyc files. Didn't help.

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Alex »

kamti wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:10 am ... It's in Russian in beginning, but when I copy all my files to the new project, it's a mess again.
I cannot copy just script.rpy, I copy screen.rpy as well, as I have lots of new stuff there... ...
You shouldn't copy all the files, only files with game script. As for screens.rpy - copy/paste only your additional code into freshly made file.

kamti
Regular

#6 Post by kamti »

The issue has been solved by removing string: #"define config.language" in options.rpy
That overpowered other language setting, I foreseen.

@Alex, thanks for your help!