Would you commission me for sprites like this?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
izanami
Regular
Completed: un/FRAGMENT.
Projects: Minami,
Organization: Izakiko Paradox
itch: izakikoparadox
Discord: ragyuo

Would you commission me for sprites like this?

#1 Post by izanami »

I'm deciding on whenever I should open commissions in september.

I improved a lot on my anatomy and art style from the previous sprite i tried getting commissioned for.

What do you think about this sprite? Would you commission me for it? How much should I charge for something like this?

I know the hands could be better... what do you think?

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

Re: Would you commission me for sprites like this?

#2 Post by Der Tor »

I am assuming you want and value honest feedback here, right?
I mean if I just flatter you and tell you you are the next Leonardo da Vinci, it's not gonna do anyone any good, right?
So, I would say you are kinda in between - meaning it's good enough if you want to use it for your own non-commercial Visual Novel, but not quite good enough to actually make money on it as freelancer selling commissions.

That said, I am still looking for an artist for my short little horror visual novel: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=66925
And because I haven't found an artist so far, I started out with images that I made using AI.
I would LOVE to have a human artist do the entire thing, but thing is, since this isn't really gonna be a commercial visual novel and is always gonna be available for free, I can't really afford the kind of professional artist doing the kind of dark and realistic charcoal drawings that I am looking for and as much as I hate using AI, it's the only thing that can deliver the kind of style I want on the budget I have.

That said, I am still willing to commission you and give you credit in the game and even pay you appropriately - though there is of course a small catch, since your style isn't really what I need, I would have you draw the images I want using whatever style you are good and comfortable with and then use them as a template for the AI which will still put out basically the same drawing you made, but will change the style into the kind of dark charcoal drawing that I am looking for and that fits in with what I already made.

If you are interested, send me a private message.

izanami
Regular
Completed: un/FRAGMENT.
Projects: Minami,
Organization: Izakiko Paradox
itch: izakikoparadox
Discord: ragyuo

#3 Post by izanami »

Der Tor wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:16 am I am assuming you want and value honest feedback here, right?
I mean if I just flatter you and tell you you are the next Leonardo da Vinci, it's not gonna do anyone any good, right?
So, I would say you are kinda in between - meaning it's good enough if you want to use it for your own non-commercial Visual Novel, but not quite good enough to actually make money on it as freelancer selling commissions.

That said, I am still looking for an artist for my short little horror visual novel: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=66925
And because I haven't found an artist so far, I started out with images that I made using AI.
I would LOVE to have a human artist do the entire thing, but thing is, since this isn't really gonna be a commercial visual novel and is always gonna be available for free, I can't really afford the kind of professional artist doing the kind of dark and realistic charcoal drawings that I am looking for and as much as I hate using AI, it's the only thing that can deliver the kind of style I want on the budget I have.

That said, I am still willing to commission you and give you credit in the game and even pay you appropriately - though there is of course a small catch, since your style isn't really what I need, I would have you draw the images I want using whatever style you are good and comfortable with and then use them as a template for the AI which will still put out basically the same drawing you made, but will change the style into the kind of dark charcoal drawing that I am looking for and that fits in with what I already made.

If you are interested, send me a private message.
Thank you for the offer but I don't like my art in AI. I know it's not that great, but this is for the sake of when I improve in the next 2-3 years.

Rainvillain
Regular

#4 Post by Rainvillain »

I like this style. There is something a little spooky and sketchy that I think would work well in some genres. Would love to see more examples!