How would I do this?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Mikkel_83140

How would I do this?

#1 Post by Mikkel_83140 »

I am curious is if there is a way to make a permanent new menu option appear every single time you click on character at the bottom of the menu without having to go thru and modify all menu choices in each script file to include the option.

init:
define char1
define money =0

Lets say for instance this is the original menu
menu Options:
"Option1":
"{color=#f00}You have selected option 1{/color}"
money += 1
return

"Option2:
"{color=#00f}You have selected option 2{/color}"
money += 2
return

"Option3"
"{color=#0f0}You have selected option 3{/color}"
money += 3
return

"Return"
return

Now say I want an option 4 to appear every single time a specific chara1 is clicked on without having to go thru and modify each menu label over multiple
script files for that specific character.
How would I do that?

Also how would I make the menu text for a specific character change color when the money or points value recieved is going to be different. I'm trying to learn
shortcuts so that I don't have to modify every single menu label when I just want to add an additional option or change the color of menu selection based upon the
reward that will be recieved. Say I want option 1 to go from red to blue without always having to do it in every single menu so long as the value money += 1 is going
to be recieved.

Thank you for all of your help.