[CLOSED][UNPAID] Looking for BG artist for yuri visual novel

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Tenshi-Yoru
Regular
Completed: Sprint down memory lane
Projects: Synthetizing Love (ongoing)
Tumblr: tenshi-yoru
itch: tenshi-yoru
Discord: tenshiyoru

[CLOSED][UNPAID] Looking for BG artist for yuri visual novel

#1 Post by Tenshi-Yoru »

Hello. I am working on my visual novel "Synthetizing Love" (click here to check out my devlogs and progress) for the Yuri Game Jam.
This started as a solo project but, as it's my first game, I realized I can't do everything on my own. I'm current handling UI design, character design/sprites, writing the entire script and implementing everything in TyranoBuilder.

Synopsis: Hannah, a young University student, spends her days leisurely with her friends Chikara and Yvonne until what seemed to be a forgotten memory from her past makes its way into her life once again. Will she lean on her friends to finally face her past and maybe find love, or will she keep on running away, losing everything she holds dear?

I'm currently using free assets as backgrounds, but they come from different sources and the difference in style is extremely obvious, which is something I'd like to avoid if possible.
Which is why I'm trying to recruit a:

BACKGROUND ARTIST: I'm not looking for anything super realistic. Simple and stylized backgrounds would work really well, I think, but what matters most is that they somehow fit with the sprites' style. We can discuss about that anyway, so feel free to send me your portfolio even if you are unsure.

This is a hobby project, so I can't afford to pay anyone, which I know isn't a great incentive (believe me, as an artist I know way too well what that means). But if, despite that, you're still interested, please let me know. Of course you will be credited, that much is guaranteed.

Feel free to contact me on Discord (tenshiyoru) or by e-mail at tenshi.yoru.art@gmail.com
Check out my Itch.io account to see my games and visual novel assets!
ImageImage