[CLOSED][Paid][18+] Looking for Programmer & Animator - very nsfw

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
cisco_donovan
itch: ciscodonovan

[CLOSED][Paid][18+] Looking for Programmer & Animator - very nsfw

#1 Post by cisco_donovan »

EDIT: This position has been filled - thanks all for the interest!

I am looking for a coder and animator to help me with some of the CG scenes in erotic visual novel Private Dick: Lipstick & Lies.

Private Dick already has a number of complex CG sex scenes, allowing a great deal of user interactivity.

I am thinking of adding animation to these scenes, which is going to significantly increase complexity. These scenes are already pushing my Ren'Py knowledge.

I am looking for an experienced Ren'Py programmer who can help find better solutions for these CGs, as well as code up animations for them. You do not need to be an artist. You do need to prepared to deal with explicit sexual imagery.

Applicants will be invited take part in a short code challenge in a standalone demo repo (I think this is about an hour of work).

About You
  • You are at least 18 years of age
  • You would describe yourself as an expert in Ren'py, ATL and maybe even python
  • You are a better Ren'Py programmer than me
  • You know how to make Ren'Py animation look good and sync to audio
  • You maintain a clean codebase
  • You love adult games and aren't afraid to spend hours making a penis glide smoothly across the screen
  • Live2D may well be an option here. You tell me. I don't really expect it at this stage though
  • You know how to use git
  • You will include the word "Roxi" in your application email to show me that you've read all this.
About The Role

This work is part-time, on an ad-hoc project basis. I value loyalty and I would hope to work with you over the next year/18 months

I will give you specific instructions and a code template to work in. In the short-medium. You will code up a solution, raise a pull request on github, respond to feedback, and close out the work.

I try to work to fixed price contracts where possible. For example the art for a CG scene starts at £200. I expect coding a CG to start around there.

About me
  • I'm Cisco, a thirty-something guy living in the UK
  • I've been working on my erotic noir game Private Dick for nearly two years now.
  • On Private Dick I run a small, loose team of artists, voice actors and a composer. I try and be open and transparent in all my dealings, and try where possible to pay out at a standard, fair rate.
  • I am an excellent Javascript engineer and a poor Python one.
Some Key Conditions
  • I always pay out in GBP. If you're international, you'll get a converted rate.
  • I STRONGLY prefer candidates based in the UK, because payment is easier and because we are likely to share working hours.
  • Preferred payments are through direct bank transfer, CashApp, or Wise.
  • I know PayPal is standard but I really hate it. I will pay you with it but only as a last resort.
  • I expect Private Dick development to run for at least another 18 months, likely longer. You do not have to commit forever now, but please be aware that you are joining a long running, professionally run project. This is not a short-term quick job
How to apply

Email ciscodonovangames at gmail.com. No discord. You can post here but I may not read it. If you don't email me, I will assume you haven't read this post properly.

Tell me what you've done, show me some of your code if you can, and tell me how you think you can help me.