Looking for English to Chinese Translators for Cafe Mysteria (CLOSED)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

Looking for English to Chinese Translators for Cafe Mysteria (CLOSED)

#1 Post by AsHLeX »

Hello everyone! I am currently recruiting a Chinese Translator for Zhang Tian's dialogue(s) as part of Cafe Mysteria.

More information on the visual novel here: viewtopic.php?t=29811
-> This will likely be a commercial (small-scale doujin) visual novel, currently free demos until full release though

Requirements:
- Must be able to do English to Chinese translations
- Must be comfortable with ecchi / suggestive dialogue (there won't be any straight up H-scenes, though)
- Ideally available for long-term work in an episodic nature so that the translation is consistent (1x batch commission for the current demo in December but will likely continue to commission in batches in the future) -> This will likely span over multiple years in total, with maybe 1x batch order every year or so

Plus points if you:
- Are comfortable working in Ren'py and can edit the dialogue directly in there
- Are a fast worker / offer bulk discounts

Details of the commission:
- Currently ~ 26k words that require translation -> this is a rough estimate from the raw script code, so maybe 20k or so?
- Ideally completed by 20th December (demo to be released on Christmas Eve), however deadline can be negotiated or even disregarded completely depending on affordability and other factors
- The parts to be translated already have a Google Translated version in the script files, those are the only parts that need to be translated / edited.

Of course, this is a paid role. Price negotiable. (I will gladly welcome anyone who would like to translate for free though, as unlikely as it is)

Let me know if you are interested!
Last edited by AsHLeX on Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kasami

Re: Looking for English to Chinese Translators for Cafe Mysteria

#2 Post by Kasami »

Hello. I sent you a private message, but I'm not sure whether you got it. Anyway, here's my Discord; we can discuss this further there, and I might have something else to offer you!

Discord: Kasami?#8619