The Devil's Assurance [Gothic] [Tragedy] [Victorian/19th Century]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Bab66

The Devil's Assurance [Gothic] [Tragedy] [Victorian/19th Century]

#1 Post by Bab66 »

After working on the story for The Devil's Assurance for close to three years, I am extremely happy to announce that I am leading Studio Brednbutters, and together, we are bringing TDA to life with our debut project! I am hoping to reach an audience who will be interested in playing our game. It is actively being developed, and the demo is set to be released around March 2024. This is a speculative date, and may be subject to change.

For those interested in the story, here is a short summary I wrote. (This is not going to be the official summary for when the game is released)

Dante resides in a small, secluded town surrounded by friends and family. The town's culture is intertwined with a children's tale about "the one who roams through the edges," a mysterious being believed to collect the souls of dream-seekers, akin to the Devil. Fast forward many years to 1827, the start of our story. Dante, facing poverty, hatches a plan together with his group of friends to steal food from a vendor. The plan goes awry, leading to Dante and his friend Thomas being abducted and brutally attacked by a group of men. Left on the brink of death in an abandoned forest, Dante experiences a loss of sanity and develops selective amnesia. In his distorted reality, he envisions the being from the town's tale approaching him, offering a better life in exchange for his soul. However, the truth emerges: the supposed Devil is revealed to be no supernatural entity but a fellow human named Vincent, who strangely names Dante “Vincent”. Dante grapples with the revelation that his entire life has been a lie from the moment he was born and that he was cursed by none other than Vincent himself. Their encounter holds great significance, as Dante later on discovers that they are two sides of the same coin.

Here are some screenshots of the VN. I will make sure to post here regularly with more content. (I still need to get used to this platform ^^')