DELETE TOPIC

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Re: Would you play a visual novel with AI generated art?

#16 Post by Donmai »

If it's well done, why not?
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Wiktor Borsuk
Completed: Stellar Reflections
Organization: Badger Can Fly
itch: badgercanfly

#17 Post by Wiktor Borsuk »

Donmai wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:08 am If it's well done, why not?
Some people take issue with the fact that training was done on works of human artists, with no benefit to them.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#18 Post by Donmai »

I know. I'm an artist myself. The training of a human artist is also based on the works of other artists, without any benefit to them. So what has changed?
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Wiktor Borsuk
Completed: Stellar Reflections
Organization: Badger Can Fly
itch: badgercanfly

#19 Post by Wiktor Borsuk »

I don't know, since I am not one of the people who uses the 'lack of benefit' argument :).
One thing I can think of is that - apparently - this is typically done without asking for any kind of permission, after which the creator of the given AI model benefits monetarily from the work of other people.
But then again - if I look at a picture and then paint a lookalike, this is somewhat of a similar situation, maybe.

In the end, it's a very divisive topic, and I was only responding to the original question of the thread :).

Triority
Regular
Completed: Welcome To... Chichester 0, 1,2 OVN 1, OVN 2, OVN 3, No Regrets For The Future
Projects: Welcome To... Chichester series
Organization: Triority
Tumblr: Sku-te
itch: triority
Discord: sku_te

Re: DELETE TOPIC

#20 Post by Triority »

Yes, certainly would

neo-naughtager
Tumblr: neonaughtager
itch: naughtager
Discord: neonaughtager

#21 Post by neo-naughtager »

For no other reason than I think AI art rarely looks good, it'll be a no from me. The thing about art made by humans is that usually, there's some sort of consistency in style, even if it's not particularly good. AI art doesn't really have anything distinguishable about it, and lacks memorability.

constructbreakdown

#22 Post by constructbreakdown »

neo-naughtager wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:48 pm For no other reason than I think AI art rarely looks good, it'll be a no from me. The thing about art made by humans is that usually, there's some sort of consistency in style, even if it's not particularly good. AI art doesn't really have anything distinguishable about it, and lacks memorability.
Respecting diverse opinions! While AI art may not resonate with everyone, some find its uniqueness intriguing. Art, after all, is subjective. Feel free to share your thoughts on other topics or explore different art forms here!
Discover the beauty and versatility of sand in landscaping and construction projects. Explore its uses and benefits here.