[Free] [OPEN] Mystery/'Anti'-Detective Project Looking For Partner/Artist

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
renderedphoenix

[Free] [OPEN] Mystery/'Anti'-Detective Project Looking For Partner/Artist

#1 Post by renderedphoenix »

Summary
Hello! I am working on a project that is a murder mystery/'anti' detective game- what I mean by this is that instead of working to solve cases for the greater good, you tamper with evidence to pin the blame on someone else. The story will revolve around this mechanic and will end up falling into the psychological horror genre. Gore/violence/other disturbing themes will come up in the story.

This is a free/voluntary project, so please feel free to work on your own time- I am not going to put pressure on anyone to finish things on a certain date! I am not able to pay anyone, however I am open to trades if you need programming/art/writing work done if you'd like to discuss that as well.

Project Scope
The current goal is to release a demo of the game that will end up somewhere between 1-2 hours long. If there is any interest in the demo after its release, then we can talk about attempting to fund it and keep working on the full game. I'm estimating around 2-3 months of work to get the demo in a polished/publishable state from where it's at now, but that also depends on schedules and the amount of time we're able to put into it during development. Otherwise, this can be used as a portfolio piece!

Currently, the game is in a prototype phase where I'm building all of the functions out and writing the outline for the story and characters. For now, about 70% of the programming is finished and about 30% of the story/dialogue written. The basic outline is pretty much done, it just needs to be written in a more organized way.

Who Am I?
I am working on the programming, writing the story, and want to start on the art once I have a functioning prototype. I was planning on doing the character/UI/BG art, but extra help with this would be great! I started out in game development as an artist(mostly 3D) but have been focusing a lot more on the programming aspect the past few years including the general development cycle.

What Am I Looking For?
I am looking for someone to assist in doing the character art. The art style I'm going for is anime, but I'm still in the process of getting a proper board/guide together to iron out all the details of this- so if you're interested in shaping the art style, we can discuss that as well.
+ Help to create character sprites, this includes different poses/expressions
+ Open to critiquing/giving feedback on how things are running and the game in general itself(be each others quality assurance)
+ Willing to communicate often(meetings, project updates, etc) (Preferably be within an American time zone to coordinate better)
+ Committed to finishing the demo should you agree to join the project
+ Be open to working with dark themes(murder, occultism, gore, etc)

Contact
If you're interested, feel free to send a message! I am happy to go into more detail if you have questions and provide more information about myself.
Discord: phhoenyx
Email: k.phoenix.nicole@gmail.com