[SOLVED]Slider thumb goes too far

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Alaspooralice

[SOLVED]Slider thumb goes too far

#1 Post by Alaspooralice »

I made graphics for a slider to use in menus and when I implemented it looks like this

Is there is a way to keep the thumb from going all the way over the orange portion of the slider? I want the thumb to stop maybe a few pixels away from the start of the orange section on each side. I figure there is a part of the code that states how big the track for the thumb is I'm just not sure where it would be. I'm sure an exact line isn't possible since I've changed stuff from the default but if I could get pointed in the general right direction that would be awesome!
Last edited by Alaspooralice on Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ocelot
Lemma-Class Veteran
Github: MiiNiPaa
Discord: MiiNiPaa#4384

Re: Slider thumb goes too far

#2 Post by Ocelot »

https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/style_pr ... properties
You want left_gutter and right_gutter properties.
Also check if thumb_offset property is set correctly.
< < insert Rick Cook quote here > >

Alaspooralice

Re: Slider thumb goes too far

#3 Post by Alaspooralice »

Ocelot wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:53 am https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/style_pr ... properties
You want left_gutter and right_gutter properties.
Also check if thumb_offset property is set correctly.
Thank you! Didn't expect it to be named that and ended up scrolling right past it. It works perfectly now thank you!