[CLOSED] Writer, editor, proofreader [Free]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Valtiene
Discord: Valtiere#9845

[CLOSED] Writer, editor, proofreader [Free]

#1 Post by Valtiene »

Hi all. I am a fantasy writer, interested in writing for games and visual novels. Most of my previous experience is working with prose, so writing scripts for games is a bit of a new experience for me but I’m adaptable and a fast learner. I am primarily looking to work on a non-commercial projects as a writer, editor or proofreader. I will be working mainly in my spare time and for fun, so I don’t currently charge for non-commercial projects. For commercial projects, please reach out and we can talk prices and availability.

A few points of note:
  • My writing is usually SFW but I am happy to write NSFW content with discussion.
  • My favourite genres are fantasy, horror and romance (historical, fantasy and/or lgbtq+). That said, I am adaptable and happy to work in other genres.
  • I work well with others but I am also capable of flying entirely solo if necessary.
  • The clearer and more concise you can be about requirements, the better I work. Same goes for communication—I need to be able to communicate with you and vice versa. I love brainstorming and threshing out ideas with others, including world building and character development but I need to be working with a clear goal in mind and open discussion between team members.
  • My offer to work for free applies only to non-commercial projects. I am willing consider commercial projects for a fee but I will not work for free on something that is intended to be sold for profit.
  • Aside from writing, I can work (and have experience) as an editor and/or proofreader.
  • I can provide writing samples on request.
Thanks for reading. If anyone’s interested please feel free to shoot me a message and we can talk details. My discord is imaginaryalchemy, if anyone would prefer to reach me there (I am generally able to respond faster on discord than here).

Val.

Update: Closing this for now. I will re-open it once my current projects have wrapped up.
Last edited by Valtiene on Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Four0Four
Projects: Hina's Bakery
Organization: ToastedBread
IRC Nick: MeguMegu

Re: [OPEN] Writer, editor, proofreader [Free]

#2 Post by Four0Four »

Hey! I'm actually currently looking for a writer for my romance VN. It's mostly just to gain experience. I'm not really good at making script so, I was thinking it would be nice if you'll be interested in my project? I already have an artist, let me know if you're interested! I can't really offer any money for the work though, if that's fine? and the project is non-commercial don't worry. It's just something to put into my portfolio as a programmer. Message me in discord if you have one! MeguMegu#8464

Valtiene
Discord: Valtiere#9845

Re: [OPEN] Writer, editor, proofreader [Free]

#3 Post by Valtiene »

Made a couple of updates to my original post. Once again, I’m looking to write, edit or proof-read a free/non-comercial project or two. I’m also in a position to work on paid projects for a fee. Please get in touch to discuss details.