[OPEN] [PAID/UNPAID] Writing, Editing, Proofreading, and Brainstorming! [NSFW/SFW]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
TimmyzFTW
itch: narrativeknickknacks

[OPEN] [PAID/UNPAID] Writing, Editing, Proofreading, and Brainstorming! [NSFW/SFW]

#1 Post by TimmyzFTW »

Introduction

Hello! My name is Derek Timm, and I'm searching for paid or unpaid work on personal/professional projects. I aspire to one day work full-time on creative endeavors, whether that be writing for a team, editing a visual novel, proofreading a script, or brainstorming the next big story. For the sake of your time (and mine), each underlined section below will include a handy "TL;DR" for your convenience. Now, let's get down to business, shall we?

Portfolio

TL;DR: A direct link to my portfolio can be found here

At the time of writing, I'm the ongoing editor for Jake's Paralysis, a visual novel utilizing Live2D, and co-writer/editor for HTopia, a browser-based life simulator featuring erotica. Both projects have given me invaluable experience and insight into game development, team collaboration, workflow management, marketing, and semi-professional writing.

Additionally, on October 31, 2023, I released a short visual novel titled Night's Light. It represents my first venture into indie game development, along with acting as a prologue for an upcoming series I'd like to create. Aside from the illustrations, I was solely responsible for graphic design, scripting, writing, and marketing. After the game's release, I contacted several small content creators for exposure; three of them obliged and were willing to create playthroughs. The videos can be found below.

Night's Light | ADULT FIRST LOOK

Night's Light - Full Game | No Commentary

NIGHT'S LIGHT [Visual Novel] Gameplay Walkthrough FULL GAME - No Commentary

Finally, I've written a collection of short stories and microfiction. These represent my creative writing outside of freelance jobs. If you're into horror, give 'em a read!

Additional Skills

TL;DR: I can use Ren'Py's scripting language, assist in graphic design, and manage social media.

Alongside English proficiency and storytelling, I also have experience with Ren'Py's scripting language. While I'm certainly not a programmer, I do have a basic understanding of software — both frontend and backend. If you need me to accommodate the game engine or scripting language of your choice, I'm more than capable of quickly learning and developing for your needs.

Graphic design is another area I'm capable of. Admittedly, I don't have any expertise, but I hope Night's Light, along with my other projects, is enough to showcase my abilities. If you want another example, check out the itch page for Madness for Two. It's my longest script — ~80,000 words — and I'm hoping I can get enough funding to complete it soon.

Lastly, social media management is another skill I've worked on through HTopia. I don't maintain the account, but the game's developer has commissioned numerous posts for his Twitter feed. Check here for examples.

Writing

TL;DR: I'll write pretty much anything. Horror, erotica, romance, and comedy are recurring genres in my narratives, so bonus points if your script calls for them.

If you're worried about offending me with your script, don't be. Dark themes and heavy subject matter are my bread and butter. Unless your script is glorifying/condoning pedophilia, rape, or other illegal activities, you can be confident I'll work for you. If your script involves illegal activities but doesn't glorify/condone them, then I'm okay with that too. After all, the human condition is vast, and I'd hate not to explore it.

Rates

TL;DR: $0.03/written word; $0.02/edited word; proofreading and brainstorming are charged on a negotiated hourly basis.

Game development can be pricey. If you have a vision but lack the funds, there is room for negotiation. However, if you're planning on revenue sharing, your project needs to have actual potential before I can move forward. As for unpaid work, I'll only take scripts with less than 10,000 words. Time is money!

Unless you have extenuating circumstances, all transactions will occur through PayPal.

Contact Information

TL;DR: Have I convinced you yet? If not, contact me!

Phew, you've made it. Now that you're this far, please contact me for commissions, job openings, or queries through my contact information below.

Discord: timmyzftw
Business Email: narrativeknickknacks@gmail.com

I hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,

ImageDerek Timm