Stellar Reflections [Free][VN][Sci-Fi][Dystopian][Short Story]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Wiktor Borsuk
Completed: Stellar Reflections
Organization: Badger Can Fly
itch: badgercanfly

Stellar Reflections [Free][VN][Sci-Fi][Dystopian][Short Story]

#1 Post by Wiktor Borsuk »

A free-to-play sci-fi dystopian short story visual novel about solving issues and changing life perspectives

Stellar Reflections - trailer
-////-
-////-

The Story
Welcome to the distant future, where Earth and Mars are used exclusively as mining facilities, and most of human population resides in space stations around the planets and the Moon. The world is governed by a centralized, autocratic government managing most of life choices for every existing human.
Meet Aurelia, a random nobody, resident of an old, decrepit space station orbiting Earth.
The government just made a decision directly affecting her life, and she's far from being a fan. How will she handle it?

Main characters
Protagonist - Aurelia
Aurelia, a chubby blonde, spends her days drinking at her favorite bar, playing video games, or at her junkyard job. In that order.

Heroine - Pixie
Pixie meets Aurelia by lucky accident. She suffers from a very particular predicament that Aurelia might be able to help her with.

Bartender
A semi-friend of Aurelia, bartender at her preferred bar. An older (but not truly old), wise man. Listens to her problems and offers advice as a mentor figure.

Technical
- 3 endings: bad, neutral, and good. Late branching plot depending on readers' choices.
- Age rating: 12 - no sexual content and no nudity, but there are sexual references, strong language, alcohol and drug use, crime references, and talking about self-harm.
- About 17k words in total.
- 15 scenes (aka 'bits'), excluding endings.
- Language: English
- Voice acting: no
- Soundtrack consisting of 15 original tracks and a fragment of Blue Danube by Strauss.
- Supported OS: Windows
- Resolution: 3840x2160
- Noncommercial, free to read.
- No DRM.
- Built with Ren'Py 8.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other remarks
Stellar Reflections is a free-to-read short story VN created almost entirely by one person (me), mostly as a means of learning Ren'Py. I've put a lot of care into making it a decent enough read though, so I promise it's not half-assed :). Since it's a divisive topic in this community, even in the context of completely amateur freeware works, I want to be clear that I have used generative AI when creating backgrounds and soundtrack. It's not a requirement to disclose it, but hey...:).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you'd like to follow me elsewhere, in case I decide to release more stuff in the future, check out the following social media channels:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/badgercanfly
Mastodon: https://peoplemaking.games/@badgercanfly
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@BadgerCanFly

-------------------------
If you have any questions or comments, I would be more than happy to hear them :).
Last edited by Wiktor Borsuk on Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wiktor Borsuk

Re: Stellar Reflections [VN][Sci-Fi][Dystopian][Short Story][Free-to-Play]

#2 Post by Wiktor Borsuk »

The entire Stellar Reflections OST is now available as a playlist on YouTube :!:
Thanks for listening! :D

Wiktor Borsuk

Re: Stellar Reflections [Free][VN][Sci-Fi][Dystopian][Short Story]

#3 Post by Wiktor Borsuk »

Hey everyone! :)

It is with great joy that I announce the release of Stellar Reflections on Steam, on February 9, 2024!

--///--
Wishlist now!
--//--

Wiktor Borsuk

Re: Stellar Reflections [Free][VN][Sci-Fi][Dystopian][Short Story]

#4 Post by Wiktor Borsuk »

Stellar Reflections is now available on Steam!

--///--
Read now!
--//--