Python error keeps showing up

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
AprilLevin

Python error keeps showing up

#1 Post by AprilLevin »

This is the error, for context I did not edit anything in that file but I have deleted some fonts and edited GUI if that changes anything. The game starts running smoothly but at any point in time this error will pop up. I am a beginner and do not know much:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00keymap.rpy", line 487, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/00keymap.rpy", line 487, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/00keymap.rpy", line 511, in _execute_python_hide
    renpy.save("_reload-1", "reload save game")
PicklingError: Can't pickle <class 'store.director.AddStatement'>: it's not the same object as store.director.AddStatement

m_from_space
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Python error keeps showing up

#2 Post by m_from_space »

AprilLevin wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:59 am This is the error, for context I did not edit anything in that file but I have deleted some fonts and edited GUI if that changes anything. The game starts running smoothly but at any point in time this error will pop up. I am a beginner and do not know much:
I can only guess to be honest, without more information on what you actually changed inside the code and when exactly this happens. Does it happen when you hit Shift+R to reload the game in the interactive director mode?