Renpy 8.2 dosen't support motion files?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
sine12

Renpy 8.2 dosen't support motion files?

#1 Post by sine12 »

I don't know if I am the only one facing this issue, but once I updated to 8.2(and 8.2.1) all the new motion files that I exported cannot be found in Renpy.

I tried using Cubism Editor v5.0.04, v5.0.00 and v4.2.04 to export motion files and they both have the same issue in 8.2.
The weird thing is the old files(which export using v5.0.00 Cubism Editor and put into 8.1 before I updated renpy to 8.2) have no issue loading, only the new added one.

Meanwhile, I would like to ask if the behavior of "update_function" changed? I tried to implement a eye tracing feature to the game in 8.1, that works fine but when I updated to 8.2 it dose not work expectedly.
Seems like the update_function only being called when there is a new expression fading into the image and stop calling when the expression is fully there.

Error message:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script/script.rpy", line 5, in script call
    call startGame from _call_startGame_4
  File "game/script/deck.rpy", line 221, in script
    show noel_cg normal with dissolve
Exception: When showing noel_cg, normal is not a known attribute.

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24022401+nightly
Thank you for your response in advance.

jeffster
Veteran

Re: Renpy 8.2 dosen't support motion files?

#2 Post by jeffster »

sine12 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:24 am Meanwhile, I would like to ask if the behavior of "update_function" changed?
I don't know the answer to your questions (never used Cubism), but if you want to see particular changes in Ren'Py, you can check the source:
https://github.com/renpy/renpy

For example, there is "renpy" folder with the main engine code, and you can enter it and search for a function like "update_function".
Then you could see

and click the strings that look interesting.

Then you can also click to the left of the string number and the context menu opens. You can choose "View git blame", and it would show you when and how those strings were changed. So you could tell which recent modifications happened to the code.
Attachments
github.jpg
(102.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet

sine12

Re: Renpy 8.2 dosen't support motion files?

#3 Post by sine12 »

jeffster wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:55 am
sine12 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:24 am Meanwhile, I would like to ask if the behavior of "update_function" changed?
I don't know the answer to your questions (never used Cubism), but if you want to see particular changes in Ren'Py, you can check the source:
https://github.com/renpy/renpy

For example, there is "renpy" folder with the main engine code, and you can enter it and search for a function like "update_function".
Then you could see

and click the strings that look interesting.

Then you can also click to the left of the string number and the context menu opens. You can choose "View git blame", and it would show you when and how those strings were changed. So you could tell which recent modifications happened to the code.
Thank you for your response! I m not sure why but I didn't think of checking git. Thanks a lot!!