Main Menu doesn't work after updating from 8.1.1.23060707 to 8.2.0

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
PainNow

Main Menu doesn't work after updating from 8.1.1.23060707 to 8.2.0

#1 Post by PainNow »

I've been working on my game for a long time now and after updating to the latest version the main menu (the start menu) doesn't work any longer.
I get hover event - ie. the menu option changing color but nothing happens when I click the menu options...
I can't start a new game, I can't get into preferences, I can't quit the game etc.

I have read the update changes but I can't find anything obvious that could affect the main menu screen or buttons.

The navigation screen, main menu screen and game_menu screens sections in screens.rpy are all unchanged (standard) except for an addition of a new option which shouldn't interfere as it follows the exact same structure as the standard ones.

Besides, it worked flawlessly in the previous version.

What am I missing?

m_from_space
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Main Menu doesn't work after updating from 8.1.1.23060707 to 8.2.0

#2 Post by m_from_space »

PainNow wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:13 am What am I missing?
Did you update using the launcher? If so, you may wanna try downloading Renpy again and make a clean install.

Are there any error messages appearing anywhere? What else doesn't work? What OS are you using?