The Thief, the Witch, the Toad and the Mushroom [Fantasy | Folk Tale | Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Jack_shandy

The Thief, the Witch, the Toad and the Mushroom [Fantasy | Folk Tale | Demo]

#1 Post by Jack_shandy »

You're curled up in front of the fire reading a folk tale on a cold winter's night. Something about it seems so familiar. Have you read this before?

A Visual Novel of strange magic and lost secrets. This video game will be releasing on Steam and Itch.io in 2023.

CONTENTS

i. Explore a cosy and mysterious fantasy universe inspired by fairy tales. The old kind of fairy tales, strange and wild, before the edges were sanded off. Warm and comforting, but with parts you don't quite understand, and you don't know if you want to understand.
ii. Befriend strange and wonderful folks. Navigate 4 main routes through the game as you grow closer to the main characters.
iii. Align yourself with G-d, Death, or the Devil. Choose your godparent and your destiny.
iv. Uncover secrets and mysteries. Something strange haunts this book. What was that shape? At the corner of your vision?
v. Multiple endings. So, so many endings. I cannot be stopped.

DRAMATIS PERSONAE

ImageImage
ImageImage

FURTHER READING

I've been working on this game for about three years, so I couldn't be more excited to be releasing it soon. If you are interested in learning more and recieving a notification when the game is released, please check out the links below.

Wishlist the game on Steam.
Try the demo on Itch.io!
Check out the website for the game here.

I would love any feedback you have on the demo! I am also searching for playtesters for the full version before release, so if anyone is interested please let me know, and I can add you to the playtesting group.

Content warnings:
Mild nudity and gore, depictions of gaslighting, psychological horror themes.

This game was created using a wide range of illustrations in the public domain. See the credits in the final release for a full list of credited artists.

Rainvillain
Regular

Re: The Thief, the Witch, the Toad and the Mushroom [Fantasy | Folk Tale | Demo]

#2 Post by Rainvillain »

Looks absolutely beautiful. I've wishlisted it on steam. Best of luck on the launch!

Jack_shandy

Re: The Thief, the Witch, the Toad and the Mushroom [Fantasy | Folk Tale | Demo]

#3 Post by Jack_shandy »

Hi everyone, just a quick update to say that the game now has an official release date of March 23rd! It's not too far off now, I am psyched. You can wishlist it on Steam to get a notification when it launches.

Jack_shandy

#4 Post by Jack_shandy »

Hi everyone, the game is now live, and you can play it for free!

Play it on Steam here.

Play it on Itch.io here.

I've been working on it for a bit over 3 years now so I couldn't be more excited to see it launched. Give it a try, and I'd love to hear any feedback or a review if you play it!