[OPEN] [PAID/FREE] Experienced Copyeditor/Proofreader

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
faustus
Completed: Sacrarium Gelus | Three Lilies and Their Ghost Stories | Sacrarium Pario | Flotsam Song | Seraphim Slum | The House on Limbo Lane | Talleyrand Simulator
Projects: 7388 | Tea Time with the Dragon Princess
Organization: milk+ visual
Discord: habitorrib

[OPEN] [PAID/FREE] Experienced Copyeditor/Proofreader

#1 Post by faustus »

Greetings! My name is Faust, and I'm looking for copyediting/proofreading work! I've previously worked on soundless - A MODERN SALEM IN REMOTE AREA - Final Verse (Adiaphoron afterstory) & I'm currently an in-house editor for milk+ visual. I've also worked on Sacrarium Gelus for Winter Jam 2022, Sacrarium Pario for Yandere Jam 2023, Flotsam Song for O2A2 2023, The House on Limbo Lane & Seraphim Slum for Spooktober 2023, and the recently released Reborn a Zombie! on Steam! Further, I have several years' worth of creative writing experience with three years' worth of published works.

I'm primarily a proofreader/copy editor, but I've also done beta reading work, which is available at a lower rate than my full-on editing work if you inquire. Turnaround times vary based on length, but a ~10k word count has an estimated turnaround of about 3 days. (Probably faster!) I can also help out as a writer, and I have experience writing, but I have never done it for VN dev before, so we'd have to figure that out together! I'm comfortable working on games that are either SFW or NSFW; most of my experience lies in horror/fantasy and LGBT themes, but I'm a huge fan of cyberpunk - and open to working on things in other genres!

My rate is $0.02 USD/word with a $15 USD minimum per project. Payments are taken through Paypal.

I fix typos and grammar, as well as make changes to ensure everything sounds good and flows well, enhancing the reader's experience. I edit for accuracy, conciseness, and clarity, and I usually try to keep the original script's style in mind when making fixes to help with delivery and voice!

I'm also very open to working on jam projects, so please feel free to pitch those to me, too! I'm always looking to broaden my horizons and get more experience!

If interested in having me work on a project, don't hesitate to get in touch with me through any of the following means (though Discord will likely have the quickest response times):
  • PMs
  • Discord (habitorrib)
For more information about my history and policies, please feel free to look over my Carrd:
https://faustusediting.carrd.co/

faustus
Completed: Sacrarium Gelus | Three Lilies and Their Ghost Stories | Sacrarium Pario | Flotsam Song | Seraphim Slum | The House on Limbo Lane | Talleyrand Simulator
Projects: 7388 | Tea Time with the Dragon Princess
Organization: milk+ visual
Discord: habitorrib

Re: [OPEN] [PAID/FREE] Experienced Copyeditor/Proofreader

#2 Post by faustus »

Hi! I almost forgot I had an account on here, so I've done a big update of this post! :') I've worked on a bunch of games since the original was put up, and I've updated my usernames since the Discord changes!