Honest Feedback, I've been drawing for 12 years

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Mary Li

Honest Feedback, I've been drawing for 12 years

#1 Post by Mary Li »

Hi everyone! I dropped all my projects after some personal issues, but I had a prologue for my VN (it's otome, but guys will enjoy it as well, I assure you!)
BUT I have not been drawing for a long time. I got to make this quick sketch of the female lead (yes, she's meant to be really hot and pretty) but I'm not so confident in my skills anymore. Also, my wacom died and that actually helped, because I started with the wacom when I saw this digital niche. I'm extremely bad with wacoms...
I think the clothes she's wearing are really blank, yes, but it's a skecth and I didn't want to think about the little details for now.
Please, I need advices. I want her to be really pretty. Also I don't want her to have the typical thin body so it's new to me drawing thicc girls hehe but I'm really happy to finally do it.
Thanks in advance! (her mole is good up her eyes? I think a mole in the mouth has been used too much...)
Attachments
fpsketch3.jpg
(99.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
fpsketch2.jpg
(68.29 KiB) Not downloaded yet
FP_sketch.jpg
(68.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Honest Feedback, I've been drawing for 12 years

#2 Post by fleet »

I like the sketch, but if she is supposed to be thicc, I think she should be more voluptuous (full-figured body, specifically a larger butt and curvy waist).
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

CaseyHamilton

#3 Post by CaseyHamilton »

I liked it, good work.

Mary Li

#4 Post by Mary Li »

fleet wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:43 pm I like the sketch, but if she is supposed to be thicc, I think she should be more voluptuous (full-figured body, specifically a larger butt and curvy waist).
Right! yeah, maybe I will make her ass stand a bit more. I dont want her to be too voluptuous tho!
Thank you for the advice!
Is it me, or her hands look... I don't know... stiff? Or am I being too picky?

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#5 Post by fleet »

Her hands look okay to me.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.