[SOLVED] Lag when rolling back through scenes

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
OffDeez399

[SOLVED] Lag when rolling back through scenes

#1 Post by OffDeez399 »

So I implemented some simple text transitions in my game between renders, like this:

Code: Select all

scene black with customfade
    with Pause(0.5)
    show text "{size=*1.8}{font=Josefinsans-Bold.ttf}2 Hours Later.{/font}{/size}" at Position(xalign=0.95, yalign=0.9) with Dissolve(1.0)
    pause 2.0
    hide text with Dissolve(1.0)
    with Pause(0.5)
But every time I try to rollback to the render before the transition I get a 4-5 second lagspike, this seems to happen only when I use the scene command. I should also preface that I use "show" instead of "scene" for every other image beside the transitions.

Does anyone have any idea why this happens?

Solution:
Right, so I realized that with "show" all the renders were getting stacked on top of eachother which caused the lag when switching scenes. I changed "show" to "scene" and now it's all smooth.