[Kickstarter Live!] MY DEAR☆LOVE [Stat-raising Sim][Otome/GxB][Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
hinatayoyo
Completed: Nerawareta Tenshi (NSFW), Katakoi to Setsunai Uso, Kanojo to no Eikaiwa Kyoshitsu~Tasogareiro ni Somaru koro ni
Projects: MY DEAR☆LOVE
Organization: H9O6
itch: h9o6

[Kickstarter Live!] MY DEAR☆LOVE [Stat-raising Sim][Otome/GxB][Demo]

#1 Post by hinatayoyo »

Hello everyone! I am here to share my latest project, a stat-raising simulation game with visual novel elements called MY DEAR☆LOVE.
We plan to release the game for free, but we also want to make a paid full version that would include new features and upgrades to provide a even more enjoyable player experience.

Check out our Kickstarter campaign (live now)!
Our campaign ends at 12pm on Friday Aug. 9th (EDT).

Click here to download the mini demo! (Windows only)
We have submitted our mini demo to Josei Jam on itch.io!
This mini demo is a showcase of the "visual novel part" and only contains part of the prologue and certain features are unavailable.
We are working on an extended demo, to be released in July, that will include the simulation part and the cooking mini game.
Please check our X (Twitter) for updates.

MY DEAR☆LOVE is a heartful simulation game, inspired by the Princess Maker series and shoujo manga series such as Baby & Me (Aka-chan to Boku) and Aishiteruze Baby.
You play as high school girl Megumi Takahashi (first name renameable) who takes on the task of taking care of kindergartener Katsuya, the little boy nephew of her crush, Atsuya Suzuki! The story focuses on family and will feature romantic scenes and endings with the male love interest Atsuya.

Features:
  • Re-nameable Main Character: You can change the first name of the MC, Megumi Takahashi, as you would like!
  • Expressive Character Sprites: Character sprites will have different poses and eye-blinking and mouth-moving animation.
  • Full colour CGs: Experience slice-of-life moments with Katsuya and Atsuya accompanied by beautiful illustrations.
  • Stat-raising Simulation: Choose from a list of commands to interact with Katsuya or raise his stats, which includes sociability, intelligence, and fitness. Talking to Katsuya or playing with him will raise his affection for and trust in you, and will also affect your relationship with Atsuya, the romanceable love interest.
  • Mini Games: Enjoy the interactive cooking mini game!
  • Multiple Endings: Your relationship with Katsuya and his stats will impact his future and determine the ending of the story.
  • Multiple Languages: Choose to play the game in full English or Japanese text!

Features of the planned full version, MY DEAR☆LOVE PLUS+, for which we are running the Kickstarter campaign:
  • Exclusive CGs including romantic scenes with male love interest Atsuya.
  • 3 Personalities System: Raising different stats will impact Katsuya's personality, leading to different reactions and endings.
  • + 3 more mini games if we reach our stretch goals! Currently we have plans for a fun soccer mini game and a grocery shopping challenge.
  • 14 possible endings, including 2 romance endings with male love interest Atsuya.
  • Simplified and Traditional Chinese localization if we reach our stretch goals.
Prototype of the simulation part. Does not represent final product.

Prototype of the cooking mini game. Does not represent final product.

Characters:

...and more side characters to come!

We are very excited to make our game into a reality!
Any sharing and support would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading!
Last edited by hinatayoyo on Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hinatayoyo
Completed: Nerawareta Tenshi (NSFW), Katakoi to Setsunai Uso, Kanojo to no Eikaiwa Kyoshitsu~Tasogareiro ni Somaru koro ni

Re: [Kickstarter Live!] MY DEAR☆LOVE [Stat-raising Sim][Otome/GxB][Demo]

#2 Post by hinatayoyo »

Hello! We have been working on side character sketches and more.
We are very grateful for people who have checked out our project and backed us. Thank you for the support!

We are working on the trailer and the extended demo that will introduce Atsuya and include the simulation part and the cooking mini game. We are very excited to share it!

And onward... Here is a sketch of Hayato Arihara, Atsuya's best friend! He is laid-back but can be a class clown sometimes.
There will be more side characters you can encounter in the game.

Some GUI and mini game concepts!

If this piques your interest please check out our demo. Thank you!

hinatayoyo

#3 Post by hinatayoyo »

Hello! Today's post is special because we are celebrating Atsuya's birthday!

Happy birthday Atsuya!! 🥳
He is wearing a crab headband that represents the zodiac sign Cancer...most likely persuaded by his bestie, Hayato Arihara (who we showed in our last update).

We are working on the extended demo, which will introduce the male love interest Atsuya and showcase the simulation part and the cooking mini game.
Currently we anticipate to release the extended demo in 2 weeks.

We have finished the system programming for the extended demo and are working on GUI and other assets.
Here are some concept art!

Thank you for reading!

hinatayoyo

#4 Post by hinatayoyo »

Hello! We have been working hard on the extended demo.

Here is a screenshot!

Below is a preview of our cooking mini game that will be playable in the upcoming extended demo.
In the extended demo, you can make 2 kinds of dishes, which will have different steps and process.

(The GIF turned out slower than actual gameplay but here it is!)

Extended demo features:
  • Estimated 1 hour play time
  • Introduces the male love interest Atsuya and side character Hayato Arihara
  • Includes 3 game modes: stat-raising simulation, mini game, and visual novel
  • Stat-raising simulation mode and cooking mini game are accessible from the title screen
  • CG and MORE! in-game visuals also known as "cut-in" (will be polished further in the full game)
  • Settings menu, save/load, dialogue history (backlog), keyboard input, Main Character face toggle in settings
  • Language option (available in settings from the title screen)
We are super excited to show what we have been working on!
If this piques your interest, please consider supporting us by sharing our project or backing us on Kickstarter.
Thank you for reading and have a lovely day!
Last edited by hinatayoyo on Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hinatayoyo

#5 Post by hinatayoyo »

Hello! We are still working hard on our extended demo.

Here is a WIP of our settings menu.
We poured in lots of love to make it extra cute!

We kept the concept of replicating a sketchbook, but made some design changes from our initial ideas as we found it a bit crowded and potentially distracting to the eye. In our projects, we always aim for simple and clean GUI that effectively conveys the mood and atmosphere of the work, while maintaining intuitive controls. It is a difficult process, especially to keep the balance between interesting visual and practicality, but it is also very rewarding when you create something that is even better than the original drafts. We think it is important to stay playful and treasure sudden sparks of inspiration, and encourage everyone to try it as well! You never know what you can come up with if you just let your imagination run wild.

Thank you for reading and have a lovely day!

hinatayoyo

#6 Post by hinatayoyo »

Hello! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

We are working hard on the extended demo and plan to release it this week. In the meantime, here is a video preview of the cooking mini game!
There are several variations to Katsuya's dialogue. It is a detail we had to include! ❤

*Game in development. Does not represent final product. The graphics of the last part will be enhanced.

Here are more screenshots of the game, all of which will be playable in the upcoming extended demo.

Upon the release of the extended demo, we will be updating our Kickstarter campaign to include the following:
  • Teaser Video! A short video to introduce MY DEAR☆LOVE and showcase gameplay.
  • More merchandise samples including samples pages of the digital artbook!
  • Epilogue DLC story reveal! What could it be about...?!
  • Possible teaser of our next game...?!
  • In-game graphics such as the stat-raising simulation gameplay, and other graphics will be updated.
  • In-depth explanation of our work process involving royalty-free and paid assets.
We are dedicated to make our game into a reality, but we need help and funding to fully realize our creative visions. If you like our idea, we humbly ask you to help us by sharing our project and please consider supporting us by backing our project today.

Feel free to check our X (Twitter) for the newest updates. Thank you for reading and stay tuned for our upcoming extended demo!

hinatayoyo

#7 Post by hinatayoyo »

Hello! Today's update is very exciting because we have so much to share!

First off, a big thank you to Blerdy Otome for featuring us! We were so glad and happy to see the feature ❤ We are very grateful for the support—we are now 17% funded thanks to everyone!

We are still far from our funding goal of $6,500 CAD (around $4,760 USD), but we believe we can achieve it with your help and with the help from the community. If you like our project, please help us spread the word—your support means the world to us!

Moving on... Meet Hayato Arihara, Atsuya's best friend! He is laid-back but can be a class clown sometimes. In an older update we shared a design sketch of him, but this time he returns in colour!

And here is a sneak peek of a CG that will be in the upcoming extended demo!

The step-by-step process of making CG(s) will be included in the digital artbook, which will include WIPs similar to the image above.

We have been updating our Kickstarter project page as development progresses, and as mentioned in our last update, we will post a bigger update upon the release of our extended demo. Read more below!
  • Teaser Video: A short video to introduce MY DEAR☆LOVE and showcase gameplay.
  • Sample pages and details about the Digital Artbook: The artbook will include character concept art, concept sketches of CGs, step-by-step process of making CG(s), and other material related to general development.
  • Epilogue DLC Story Reveal: We will be revealing the story of the epilogue DLC! *If you are a backer and would like to change your pledge, you can do so via our project page.
  • Possible teaser of our next game: Our next game is a dating sim where you can choose between playing as a girl or boy, with optional yuri and BL content! One of our current stretch goals is the funding of the development of our next project.
  • General update of our KS campaign page: Updates include text and and graphics, sample images of physical merchandise, and an in-depth explanation of our work process in regards to royalty-free and paid assets.
Please look forward to it! Thank you for reading and stay tuned!