Guilty Gear XX #RELOAD

For the rest of your otaku life.
Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

Guilty Gear XX #RELOAD

#1 Post by Megaman Z »

I'm just wondering who else (besides me) has played it, what version they played (over here, JP PC version), what they have unlocked (if anything), opinions, yatta, yatta, yatta, etc.

Oh, and if you want to, go ahead and tell me what you think is the hardest mission you've played. (so far, No. 100 takes the cake by far).
~Kitsune Zeta

shadosa

#2 Post by shadosa »

i've played the pc version of it and the only real way to unlock stuuf is to go through survival mode. i've only been able to get up to lvl 101 in survial mode and at bout every 20 lvls u fight a dark version of a character. beat him to unlock the ex mode of that character.
darkness is the way of the light. everyone goes to the darkness after awhile. Why not sooner.
The sword waits for no man and no time. I will be bested but not by you and not now
shadosa

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Megaman Z »

Not nessisarily true. clear a bunch of missions and you'll get some unlocks that, to my knowledge, can't be obtained through the other modes of play. (like unlocking all EX modes at once, Justice character in normal play, GG mode, and GGX mode) now the only question is, what happens if you clear all 100?
~Kitsune Zeta

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#4 Post by Otaku Dash »

Nice... i wouldn't expect a Guilty Gear thread to be created. :D
Well i bought Guilty Gear X2 #reload some time ago. I have to say that it is a really good game that is very chaleging (don't buy this game if you don't have patience :P).

Well there is various things to unlock:

Arcade mode (normal dificulty):
- Finish with various characters to get the ending picture in the gallery section

Survival:
- From 20 to 20 levels you will fight the "Daredevil" a Black SP version of various characters. Win and you unlock the Ex version of it. Foward in survival in level 420 and 440 you will fight Kliff and Justice. Beat them and you unlock them.

Story mode:
- Finish the story mode of a character with all 3 paths to unlock not only their ending picture or movie, but their SP option. (Note: i'm not sure with this, i unlocked Ky Kiske's SP this way) To foward in other paths in story mode various actions must be made like doing and instant kill to every character you fight is one way (note this only works in some characters), and this actions muct be made in scpecific times in the story mode.

Mission mode:
- Beat missions to unlock various pictures in the gallery screen and various bonus. This is the prize for beating missions:

30 missions: Unlock all Ex characters
50 missions: Unlock Justice and Kliff
70 missions: Unlock GG and GGX modes
80 missions: Unlock all SP for the characters
100 missions: Unlock a warm and fuzzy felling to being able to complete all :P

Also in the missions you fight Gold characters you may unlock the SP versions.

I'm on my way to complete 70 missions now.

Medal of millionaire:
- ???

---------------
How to get Gold and Black SP versions of Characters:

- To get the Black Sp version of a character you must have the SP option unlocked for that character. The press and hold the sp button and press the pause button. Black charaters have more power than normal ones and have infinite Overdrive energy.

- To get the Gold SP versions of characters follow the same steps of Black character but insted of pressing SP button+pause button, press the Dust attack button (the one that sends the enemies airbone to get air combos).

----------------------------------------------------------------
Curiosities from Guilty Gear world:

- Justice is a "she" and in Guilty gear history she is the mother of Dizzy.

- Sol Badguy is actually the fist prototype of Humanoid Gear created, and the bandana he uses, blocks the "mad gear sindome" (transformation into gear).

I'll add some more when i get back to the net :D I'm not going to tell the entire Guilty gear history now would i? :P ;)
-------------------------------------------------------

There. I hope this helps on the unlock sistem of Gilty Gear. This game has a fair complexity so its hard to put all the things that can be unlocked.

I have about 57-62 missions made, reached the 240 level of survival with Sol Badguy (Darn that Black I-NO!!! :evil: ). I Have all EX versions unlocked, some Sp versions of characters. Got about 2400000 points in Medal of millionaire - reached battle 12 there.

As for missions... currently i'm being stubborn on mission 57 Slayer VS I-NO EX. You must defeat her using overdrives and she only takes damage after 1 combo (slayers attacks are just one hit so you have to hit her first with a normal attack for the overdrive to do damage). ALSO you are in poison status and jump seal status, and you guard guage its at the tops, meaning that all moves that I-NO does are conted as counters (doing more damage). I'm always close to beating her by using the upper flight overfrive and then hitting her with the puch overdrive. However i miss a bit the combo in the end because my finger slip from the directional controler and when i know it i'm only with 1 LIFE.... needless to say she hit me with a normal attack and i lose the mission. I'M STILL GONNA BEAT YOU I-NO!!! :evil:
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Megaman Z »

Otaku Dash wrote:Story mode:
- Finish the story mode of a character with all 3 paths to unlock not only their ending picture or movie, but their SP option. (Note: i'm not sure with this, i unlocked Ky Kiske's SP this way) To foward in other paths in story mode various actions must be made like doing and instant kill to every character you fight is one way (note this only works in some characters), and this actions muct be made in scpecific times in the story mode.
Confirmed by Shadosa.

I uninstalled Guilty Gear XX to make room for driv3r, which doesn't like my video card (**** pixel shading!), so I lost my data... (downloading the save file from gamewinners might be a good idea now, even though it sets me back a couple missions...)
~Kitsune Zeta

shadosa

story mode exs

#6 Post by shadosa »

Story mode is really interesting and I think it's as close to mission mode without actually doing mission mode as it gets. but in order to be able to get all 3 paths to each character you have to do other character's 1st, 2nd, or even their 3rd paths (*The only one that this doesn't apply to is jam who's story ending depends on how you finish the 1st fight against cyber-ky*) I have ky's sp-ex forms and chipp's sp-ex forms but through survival i have almost everones. I have the same problem as dash. I HATE BLACK I-NO!!!! :twisted: But i'm trying to find a way to beat her using ex chipp. anyone offer suggestions.
darkness is the way of the light. everyone goes to the darkness after awhile. Why not sooner.
The sword waits for no man and no time. I will be bested but not by you and not now
shadosa

Otaku Dash
Veteran

Re: story mode exs

#7 Post by Otaku Dash »

shadosa wrote: Story mode is really interesting and I think it's as close to mission mode without actually doing mission mode as it gets. but in order to be able to get all 3 paths to each character you have to do other character's 1st, 2nd, or even their 3rd paths (*The only one that this doesn't apply to is jam who's story ending depends on how you finish the 1st fight against cyber-ky*) I have ky's sp-ex forms and chipp's sp-ex forms but through survival i have almost everones. I have the same problem as dash. I HATE BLACK I-NO!!!! :twisted: But i'm trying to find a way to beat her using ex chipp. anyone offer suggestions.
Well i have Ky's Ex form and i have all his 3 story paths done... but i can't seem to get another ending with sol badguy (i got 1 ending with him) and i was able to get Ky's ending withought beating the other storys. :?

Well I-NO is a pain-in-the-ass (pardon the expression) withough being in black form especially in arcade when she does the "Megalomaina" attack (the one that the screen goes black and she gains wings with speakers...arrghh...).

Chipp Zanuff is a great character with great speed the prob is that his attacks do less damage compared with other charas. The best way to go i think its to start with chipps Delta blade attack (the upward dash uppercut), since in EX you can keep going with the attack 3 times using the slash button (if not mistaken). Gama blade (the paralysing attack) could help a lot too. Also Chipp has a new overdrive in EX that is rather powerfull and can do about 40-50 combo damage, the drawback is that you have to be awfull close to the target... and that with I-NO is a bit difficult. Its really a shame you can't use Sp version on Survival mode... the gold version of Chipp could do wonders... however i heard that if you try the vsp version the color dosen't change but you get the sp powers... but i think that dosen't work. :S

I'll try to check more moves on Chipp to see if i can help more.

Edit: I've also hearded that there are Kliff and Justice story too but i can find it... my guess is that that is unlocked once you beat all the other story paths for all characters.
Last edited by Otaku Dash on Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

shadosa

endings

#8 Post by shadosa »

hey dash as for ky's endings, in order for his 3rd u had to have done sol's 1st ending which is very easy to do. for the different paths you have to do different things. as for sol's 2nd path all you have to do is when you fight milla rage end it with a time out (*having more hp of course*) but that's the only thing different for sol's path 2 you can kill everyone else. as for
I-No's whacamacallit attack (whit the screen black) all 3 froms are easy to dodge and with chipp set's him up for his instant kill move. (this only works if the attack that I-No uses is the wave like one not the curve upwards or the "Shotgun" one)only reason I know this is that after she does it she will noramlly try to dash at you and you'll will already be in the unblockable stage of the attack and she will get caught!@! HAHAHA TAKE THAT I-NO
shadosa

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#9 Post by Otaku Dash »

I see... now i remember that i had sol's path one completed before i went to kys 3rd path.

The first time I beat I-NO in arcade with EX Black SP Ky... i get never tired of doing "RIDE THE LIGHTNING!!" (althought in my opinion EX ride the lightning suck compared with ky's normal one).

Did May's 1 story path. Have to check the rest.

As for defeating I-NO black with Chipp i remembered that Alpha blade may help too... since you appear right behid the oponent its very hard to dodge this attack.

shadosa

chipps's Alpha Blade

#10 Post by shadosa »

The only problem with using Chipp's Alpha Blade is the recovery time after the last hit. I think it's bout 1.5 seconds and with I-No's Already God given Speed and strength that's way to long to recover before she gets a combo in. Luckly there is always the burst-out technique (*using burst to break the combo*) But even after that It would just be wasting the burst gauge instead of doing something really helpfull
shadosa

Otaku Dash
Veteran

Re: chipps's Alpha Blade

#11 Post by Otaku Dash »

shadosa wrote:The only problem with using Chipp's Alpha Blade is the recovery time after the last hit. I think it's bout 1.5 seconds and with I-No's Already God given Speed and strength that's way to long to recover before she gets a combo in. Luckly there is always the burst-out technique (*using burst to break the combo*) But even after that It would just be wasting the burst gauge instead of doing something really helpfull
Hmm... good point... i noticed that a while ago. Using the whole burst gauge to block the attack is kinda a waste..

Manage to beat mission 57! HUZZA!!! Now i'm enjoying guetting my butt kicked (Sol's) by Gold-EX Dizzy with healing in mission 60. DAMM THAT STUPID FLAME OVERDRIVE!!!

shadosa

dizzy imperial ray

#12 Post by shadosa »

Yea Dizzy's Imperial Ray (Flame) overdrive is really ugly but it is worse in the black version. Dizzy Can false roman cancel that overdrive right when the 1st flame appears and then she can do it again and again and again (so on and so forth) until you die from chip damage. but When u fight dizzy in story she has an ugly attack kinda like I-no Super wing cannon thing. the trick to dizzy's is not to attack her while she is doing it. if you do then she will shoot beams everywhere and even if you block you will lose bout 3/4 of your life and have a full gaurd gauge. really sucks
shadosa

shadosa

chipp's cancels

#13 Post by shadosa »

I might have to take what I said back about the delay with chipp's alpha blade recovery. It seams you can do a RC (*roman cancel*) when you hit the opponent. that also goes for his beta blade too. so if you have black ex chipp you can beta blade the opponent of the screen and then some.
thought you might want to know
shadosa

Otaku Dash
Veteran

Re: dizzy imperial ray

#14 Post by Otaku Dash »

shadosa wrote:Yea Dizzy's Imperial Ray (Flame) overdrive is really ugly but it is worse in the black version. Dizzy Can false roman cancel that overdrive right when the 1st flame appears and then she can do it again and again and again (so on and so forth) until you die from chip damage. but When u fight dizzy in story she has an ugly attack kinda like I-no Super wing cannon thing. the trick to dizzy's is not to attack her while she is doing it. if you do then she will shoot beams everywhere and even if you block you will lose bout 3/4 of your life and have a full gaurd gauge. really sucks
Yeah i saw that attack the other day... pretty ugly move to escape that one.

---NEWS FLASH!!!-----

OTAKU DASH HAS 69 MISSIONS CLEARED! ONLY ONE MORE TO UNLOCK THE GG AND GGX MODES!!! HUZZA!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------

Erm... well right now i'm trying to beat mission 64 where you are Faust versus Dizzy EX\Gold annd you have only 1 life but have infinite tension (time out mission... 60 seconds) I was about 10 seconds to pass that when she gave me the Death Bow overdrive. ARGGGHHH!!!

Btw for those who have it you mightr wanna check Zappa in Gold\EX version... instead of focusing in other Ghost summon moves to get the orbs to call the Last ghost (the one that Looks like a giant warrior *Remembers Dimitri in Vampire Hunter (Darkstalkers)*) he already has it for the rest of the battle. Makes arcade mode pretty easy versus I-NO.

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#15 Post by F.I.A »

Good to know someone likes playing Guilty Gear XX #Reloaded as well.( Well, most of the crowd still like Capcom games instead.)

Story mode's path diverges depending on various factor: Finish the battle under 30 seconds, finish without a continue, or with an Instant Kill. As I recalled, one of the annoying path for Sol is to beat the first 4 characters under 100 seconds(Frankly, the total time to finish all the 4 battles must not exceed 100 seconds.) On the other hand, some path for a character can only be opened unless you completed an ending for another character, excluding the main characters(Sol and Ky) and Slayer.

If you finished all 3 paths for each characters, you will be able to play Justice's one path story as well.

To obtain Gold or EX characters, you can get by defeating them in survival mode, or the mission mode(Though, the mission mode is somewhat random). Though, I have to say that Gold and Black characters are just for the fun of it. (Like, Gold Johnny can kill one with a single blade swipe.)