Absence, revelations, closure and a new beginning

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

Absence, revelations, closure and a new beginning

#1 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

Hey everyone it's Steven.

The past few months have been hell to put it lightly. it started on Saturday May 03, when I was rushed by ambulance to the ER with severe stomach cramps. One docotor said "Your appendix is failing, we need to operate." We asked for a second opinion..."Your fine, head home." and a 3rd "I'm not sure." So I was admitted. Sunday I felt sicker, but not horrible. They suctioned out some junk, and thought I might get better. May 05, I was on the OR table. They opened me up (after figuring out, anestesia doesn't put me to sleep fast) and took out my appendix, which had been ruptured for 2 days. Anyways, I got complications from the surgury, got phnemonia, needed 2 more surguries, and got addicted to painkillers. (However i quit cold turkey and won. MUAHAHAHAHA!) Im now at home, and it's become clear that due to the current circumstances, I cannot finish my game. My team however, has convinced me to turn it into a fanfilm. I was hoping that, (even though not ren'py) I could use this site to blog our progress? Get a few recruits and even actors!
in a perfect world those who can do it teach others how to do it. but were not in a perfect world. So were primarily stuck with teachers who don't kno jack.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Visual Novel forums

http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... rekzs0.png

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Absence, revelations, closure and a new beginning

#2 Post by N0UGHTS »

Hm. Never seen a post of your until now. But welcome back, buddy! I hope you're better.

...Fanfilm? Like what? Flash? Animation that isn't Flash? AMV sorta thing?

I don't know whether this place is really the best to blog your progress, but I'm interested. Never heard of the term "fanfilm" before, and surely never heard it used in the context concerning a "dropped" game...
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

#3 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

not flash, not AMV, but full-motion, live-action, green-screened movie/series. Based off of an "abandoned" storyline for my Trek game. As far as actors go, the great part is, is that all they need is the same uniform we use, a camera, and a greenscreen (which is only about 20 bucks at some places.) Then through the magic of editing, a complete conversation could be made.
in a perfect world those who can do it teach others how to do it. but were not in a perfect world. So were primarily stuck with teachers who don't kno jack.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Visual Novel forums

http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... rekzs0.png

Dusty
Regular

#4 Post by Dusty »

Lee_Hitsugaya wrote:I was hoping that, (even though not ren'py) I could use this site to blog our progress?
Though I can't speak for the admins, I don't think they'll care much what you do here.

If you want to be a rules-fanatic, just create a video and then use the Ren'Py function renpy.movie_cutscene(), but really, why bother?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#5 Post by PyTom »

Hm... While I don't mind basic announcements and stuff, this is kinda off-topic. So you can use this forum to organize your group until you find a more appropriate forum. But I wouldn't want to see large attachments related to this, like movie files... that's not what I'm providing file storage for.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

(a very lazy) Lee Hitsugaya

#6 Post by (a very lazy) Lee Hitsugaya »

awesome! Don't worry im not hosting anything here.